Author Topic: New Map-ish thing: King of the Pit  (Read 7167 times)

Eiii

• Autococker
Re: New Map-ish thing: King of the Pit
« Reply #40 on: March 02, 2008, 03:46:03 PM »
Honestly, if your monitor is that messed up there's not much I can do for you.

Deranged

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #41 on: March 02, 2008, 04:08:41 PM »
yea im one of those people that have a monitor that in dark. most on propaint1 i play with gl_brightness 2 or gl_brightness 1 just so everything is clear enoguh to see! i played on yours and the only area i could see well was where the flag is. and thats with gl_brightness 2!

just go bump up your gamma, I guarentee you you don't have it at the highest setting yet if that's how you're playing

Eiii

• Autococker
« Reply #42 on: March 02, 2008, 09:52:27 PM »
Brightened even more, and darkened the fog to match the sky better. Unless there are any major issues, this is the final.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #43 on: March 03, 2008, 02:38:01 AM »
I put it up on the beta server.  It's better, but some areas of the map could still use more light (like I think you could stand to add some actual light fixtures between the wall area and the center of the map).  You also still need to set the map title, and there are some funky strips of colored light next to some of the barrels, but I don't know if there's anything you can do about that (looks like it's just a compiler glitch).  I noticed one of the yellow barrel stacks was sticking into the wall slightly.  Also, I think your yellow barrels are still misaligned.  They need to be bumped down a rung.  The corner spawns still spawn you facing the wall.

Eiii

• Autococker
« Reply #44 on: March 03, 2008, 11:05:18 AM »
The light splotches appeared when I phong'd the grass in that area. I'll check out the barrels more later- they looked fine to me earlier.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #45 on: March 03, 2008, 06:06:43 PM »
Well, they look OK with the low res textures, but they have potential to look bad with the high-res versions, where you can distinguish the top edges of the barrel from the bumps in the middle.

You might remove the phong shading on the grass there - I doubt it makes much of a difference, and looking flat is probably better than having huge streaks of colored light.  Also, make sure you're using a different phong value from the barrels.