Author Topic: USB Connection  (Read 2839 times)

Cameron

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
USB Connection
« on: March 07, 2008, 04:46:12 AM »
Alright, i've got a USB Hub with 7 ports on it.  It's been working fine for the time I have had it and just a couple of weeks ago it started playing up. My brother eariler the day it screwed up had plugged in his force-feedback steering wheel (has its own power supply if people wanted to know), the hub died and tried it in a diff port and the computer reset (who knows why).  So, today started playing around with it and found that all hubs that i connected such as the USB Hub and something like a Card Reader.  Both of them don't work.  Then I go ahead and plug in a Microphone and a USB key and it works.  I would really like to use the hub as the main ports are on the back of the computer and on the side (really annoying there).  Tried using both of the Hubs on linux and they dont work there either.  Checked BIOS and device manager and all of that crap.  They work fine until the operating system starts up though.  Dunno why.  I got my dad to look inside the computer, nuttin wrong there either.  I'm really pissed off by this.  Pls help.

KnacK

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
Re: USB Connection
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2008, 05:48:39 AM »
Right click My computer
Select Manage
Select Device Manager
Look for your usb hub in the right column
right click and select uninstall
go to the top of device manager
select Action
select scan for hardware changes.

This will remove then reinstall the hub, giving it a fresh start.

Cameron

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
Re: USB Connection
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2008, 01:53:11 PM »
Ty.  I'll try that today.  Hopefully it works.