Author Topic: Simple yet handy  (Read 1887 times)

Garrett

• Autococker
Simple yet handy
« on: March 06, 2008, 06:38:20 PM »
Since I use firefox, everything I download is downloaded to my desktop.  When I download a map with textures included, it is a pain in the butt to copy and paste the texture folder in the pball textures folder.  I made a very simple way to go to the folder with less clicking.  It is just a folder with shortcuts to all of the needed folders in the pball folder as well as the bsp texture and map folders.  Just leave the folder of shortcuts on your desktop and use when needed.  Another handy program I found is Eiii dprun program.  Just drag and a bsp file to it and it will boot the map up in DP (useful for beta maps).

Included in the zip is the shortcut folder and Eiii's dprun program.

y00tz

• Autococker
Re: Simple yet handy
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2008, 10:57:52 PM »
I don't understand why people need to open their BSP mapfiles directory as well as the textures folder outside of the context of BSP and Wally, but I guess it's a nice initiative on your part, even if half of the distribution is Eiii's work.

Eiii

• Autococker
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2008, 12:33:45 AM »
Even better- stick the 'maps', 'demos', and 'textures' folder in your 'Send To:' dialog.

ZOMG TUTORIA (for XP only, as far as I know):

Open up C:\Games\Paintball2\pball\ (or wherever you have paintball installed)
Open up C:\Documents and Settings\USERNAME\SendTo\ (It's hidden by default, if you can't find it)
Create a shortcut to the 'maps', 'demos', and 'textures' folders in the SendTo folder.
Voila! Each of those important directories are now just a few clicks away.

Remember that 'Send To' actually *copies* the files/folders you choose to the chosen destination, so you'll have to delete the original copy afterwards.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2008, 08:37:37 AM by Eiii »

lekky

• Autococker
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2008, 08:30:51 AM »
or

Tools > Options > Main > ALT+A > OK

Garrett

• Autococker
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2008, 08:53:40 AM »
I don't understand why people need to open their BSP mapfiles directory as well as the textures folder outside of the context of BSP and Wally, but I guess it's a nice initiative on your part, even if half of the distribution is Eiii's work.

Yes, I do have Eiii's work in there but that topic about his program was buried so it was either I include it or link to it.

Even better- stick the 'maps', 'demos', and 'textures' folder in your 'Send To:' dialog.

ZOMG TUTORIA (for XP only, as far as I know):

Open up C:\Games\Paintball2\pball\ (or wherever you have paintball installed)
Open up C:\Documents and Settings\USERNAME\SendTo\ (It's hidden by default, if you can't find it)
Create a shortcut to the 'maps', 'demos', and 'textures' folders in the SendTo folder.
Voila! Each of those important directories are now just a few clicks away.

Remember that 'Send To' actually *copies* the files/folders you choose to the chosen destination, so you'll have to delete the original copy afterwards.

Never knew you could do this.  Thanks Eiii.  Any other little tricks like this you know?

Eiii

• Autococker
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2008, 10:03:33 AM »
Probably, but I only do requests.

lekky

• Autococker
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2008, 11:14:47 AM »
I request any other little tricks like this you know. :)