Author Topic: POSISTIVE CHANGES Vs Negitive stasis  (Read 3673 times)

loial21

• Autococker
POSISTIVE CHANGES Vs Negitive stasis
« on: March 25, 2008, 02:31:49 AM »
What is the most positive changes you have seen.

What is the most positive changes not yet seen.

I can not dictate who answers first but i will hold the answers accountable in relevance and substance.

Eiii

• Autococker
Re: POSISTIVE CHANGES Vs Negitive stasis
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2008, 03:08:22 AM »
I have not yet seen some servers drop their maximum player count to better promote actual gameplay over your typical pub running and spraying.

Termin8oR

• Autococker
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2008, 02:22:10 PM »
I have not yet seen some servers drop their maximum player count to better promote actual gameplay over your typical pub running and spraying.

Yeah this would be nice to see.

vague312

• VM-68
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2008, 07:39:49 AM »
That would be nice to see. Lag would get decreased a bit also.

LoVeRs

• VM-68
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2008, 09:43:54 AM »
i have not yet seen jitspoe rid the game of annoying sounds (though you can yourself) honestly i think alot of people are shunned away by that....hence another possible reason the community isn't growing. (not to mention the graphics aren't up to the standards of todays game play.)

I have seen the hi-res textures...make it a bit diffrent...slightly better.  i have seen alot of eurofolk trying to help grow the community over on there side.  yeah.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2008, 10:43:12 AM »
I have seen some servers drop their maximum player count to better promote actual gameplay over your typical pub running and spraying.

Fixed.  Several servers have dropped the max player count.

Edit: There was also some talk about having an "absolute maximum" player count setting in the mapinfo files.  I think it was discussed in the old feature vote, but doesn't look like it made it over to the new one.

Lovers: http://dplogin.com/dplogin/featurevote/feature.php?id=10121 (though a lot of people enjoy the comical sounds).

LoVeRs

• VM-68
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2008, 10:55:56 AM »
hahah thanks jits...

voted my two cents....

but i dunno...some of it gets kinda annoying..though i will admit at first it was very funny.

postmortem

• Stingray
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2008, 11:28:00 AM »
(not to mention the graphics aren't up to the standards of todays game play.)

I have seen the hi-res textures...make it a bit diffrent...slightly better.  i have seen alot of eurofolk trying to help grow the community over on there side.  yeah.

Well, when the game is developed from a game that is over 10 years old the graphics aren't going to be as good as games released this year.

I think one of the positives is the high-res textures. Makes the game look way better and much more appealing to the new player. Also as much as I hate having to play them the Euros are growing in numbers. Now if only we could get them off of the stupid speed servers and playing some real match play... Which brings me to the thing killing this game.... Speed servers. The end.

LoVeRs

• VM-68
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2008, 11:42:57 AM »
Well, when the game is developed from a game that is over 10 years old the graphics aren't going to be as good as games released this year.

yeah I know dont get me wrong...what I was just implying is that its hard to grow a community when most people want the latest and greatest..not to mention the extreme growth in console gaming online like xbox and ps3

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2008, 11:47:53 AM »
Hard to compete with the latest and greatest when they have hundreds of developers and multi-million dollar budgets.

LoVeRs

• VM-68
« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2008, 11:51:51 AM »
Yeah i know exactly what both of you are saying...just putting it out there that it is a reason why dp is growing as fast as we would like.

y00tz

• Autococker
« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2008, 10:55:28 PM »
What is stasis?

w3b5t3r

• VM-68
« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2008, 04:59:23 AM »
Do you think that if you had made the game and the motor and the maps and so one you would be rich and famous jits ?

Me I think, this game hasn't got many points of q2 now (but console :P)

i_am_a_pirate

• Autococker
« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2008, 06:00:59 AM »
Theres more people wanting new, normal sounds than comical sounds. Make there an option or something in the menu to have different sets of sounds

LoVeRs

• VM-68
« Reply #14 on: April 01, 2008, 10:38:00 AM »
Theres more people wanting new, normal sounds than comical sounds. Make there an option or something in the menu to have different sets of sounds

sounds like a waste of space and time....just make a vote on sounds...call it good.  flame has a set out though for people who want no comical sounds.

Byz

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #15 on: April 01, 2008, 11:25:09 AM »
Well, when the game is developed from a game that is g killing this game.... Speed servers. The end.over 10 years old the graphics aren't going to be as good as games released this year.

I think one of the positives is the high-res textures. Makes the game look way better and much more appealing to the new player. Now if only we could get them off of the stupid speed servers and playing some real match play... Which brings me to the thin
I agree.

w3b5t3r

• VM-68
« Reply #16 on: April 02, 2008, 04:35:15 AM »
So do I