Author Topic: Beta Map: ub_leg  (Read 4408 times)

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
Beta Map: ub_leg
« on: January 06, 2008, 08:12:51 PM »
ok here is the beta version of my map

http://www.warwulf-inc.com/pbmappers/ub_leg.zip (21.5mb)

its still a beta version. last night i was kindda drunk when i made the spawn points and i have a ent error accidently put in givepaint for the spwans key\values when i fixed it this morning to put in giveammo i forgot to take out givepaint

umm there is also another texture error saying you are missing some adoor0_3 or something like that. i have no clue what that is but im sure i can fix it in the .map file with notepad. ive just been busy this week taking care of 2 kids and some other things with my clan fang been practicing a lot of halo3 and cod4 :)

also if you dont have a good video card. i suggest you turn off high res textures because you wont be able to move :)

Not sure if this is the latest version of the map, but it really needs its own thread.  I'll do a demo review soon.

WarWulf

• Autococker
Re: Beta Map: ub_leg
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2008, 03:12:41 AM »
^^ hmm why does this seem soo familure.. oh yes ub_abbey :) and you starting a post about my map :P thnx i was going to do it eventually but im a bit busy atm with other stuff :P

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2008, 12:10:37 AM »
lol, first time I tried to run it on my laptop, I got a BSOD.  I tihnk you probably need to scale the textures down some more.  It took a long time to load on my laptop without highres textures enabled.  Aside from the windows and doors protruding from the walls, it was pretty clean.  I've attached a demo of some things you might want to revise.  I've also uploaded the map to the beta server for testing.

FourthX

• Developer
  • 68 Carbine
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2008, 03:14:50 PM »
Give up the screen shots :/ cant play at work (usually).

4thX

Eiii

• Autococker
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2008, 05:22:53 PM »
Here're some.

WarWulf

• Autococker
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2008, 11:19:49 PM »
yeah this was my first time actaully producing a clean looking map(other then ub_downtown but it isnt that clean) and i didnt really want to create to much poly, this map is sorta my present to fourthx for teaching me about visioning with ub_rooftop... ty fourth

i was sorta scared of putting the doors into the walls thats why they are like that jitspoe... trying to reduce poly

DaRkNeSS

• Autococker
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2008, 01:10:47 AM »
Looks really great, but the skybox kinda distracts because it's blurry.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2008, 05:21:36 PM »
It's better to make them flush with the wall.  The way BSP breaks things up, it usually reduces polygons, and even if it doesn't, it reduces overdraw, which typically results in faster rendering.

vojtaso

• PGP
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2008, 12:07:49 PM »
Wow... cg. It looks very very good. I hope this map will be good for playing like for looking 8).

WarWulf

• Autococker
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2008, 01:03:44 PM »
well if i ever get time to finish it ill try it out jitspoe. unfortunetly for you and  the most of this community i have really lost intrest in designing anything for digitalpaint, a few years back, people started bothering me and no one helped me out soo id rather work on my own games, sorry if i sound like an excretory opening but thats the harsh reality of it. Maybe one day ill finish it, Maybe  i wont, im not going to make any promisses...

Garrett

• Autococker
« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2008, 07:37:44 PM »
I enjoyed this map.  It really plays nice and I love the realistic textures.
I have one question thou.  What does 'ub' mean because I see the term all the time.

Spook

• Autococker
« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2008, 07:39:28 PM »
Unibonger.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2008, 08:44:47 PM by Spook »

Garrett

• Autococker
« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2008, 07:40:47 PM »
Ook.  Did he change his name? 

Eiii

• Autococker
« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2008, 07:44:20 PM »
Yep.

FourthX

• Developer
  • 68 Carbine
« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2008, 08:43:06 AM »
yeah this was my first time actaully producing a clean looking map(other then ub_downtown but it isnt that clean) and i didnt really want to create to much poly, this map is sorta my present to fourthx for teaching me about visioning with ub_rooftop... ty fourth

i was sorta scared of putting the doors into the walls thats why they are like that jitspoe... trying to reduce poly

**warm fuzzies**

FtX

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2008, 11:30:34 PM »

WarWulf

• Autococker
« Reply #16 on: February 09, 2008, 09:48:26 PM »
**warm furres**

FtX

Fixed. ;D

murrr?

I enjoyed this map.  It really plays nice and I love the realistic textures.
I have one question thou.  What does 'ub' mean because I see the term all the time.

ub_ stands for Unreal Brilliance......... naw im just kidding it means UNiBoNGeR ^^ sorta my trademark for my maps

--------------------------------------------------------------------

the only thing that would piss 4thx off about the .map file is the fact i didnt have enough time to detail brush all the spools. soo the final compile i did for the contest took like 2.3 hours =/

ril3s16

• PGP
« Reply #17 on: April 06, 2008, 06:50:22 PM »
Im in the process of downloading now.
reallly slow download for some reason idk why.
But yeah, i really do not like how the sky box is super blurry.
Might want to fix that and change it up a little bit,
But the realistic features are nice