Author Topic: New Map: myhouse beta  (Read 3318 times)

UDead

• Autococker
New Map: myhouse beta
« on: April 25, 2008, 11:25:56 AM »
heres a update of my house map....its still in raw form...not fully comiled.....

....the sounds that go with the map are uploaded tho a diffrent website....and heres the links....theres four total and they are ziped and may take a little while to download.....

first "http://www.mediafire.com/?lio9rotw9re"....

second "http://www.mediafire.com/?srb5mnwxx7h"....

third "http://www.mediafire.com/?scdcjz3bvuf"....

fourth "http://www.mediafire.com/?z5xmmlqgymx".....

you should know where to put all the files....if not just ask.....

UDead

• Autococker
Re: New Map: myhouse beta
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2008, 12:06:04 PM »
some photos

ViciouZ

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2008, 12:19:06 PM »
You crashed my paintball. Well done.

T3RR0R15T

• Autococker
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2008, 12:44:00 PM »
Hehe :)

The sounds are legal?
I need some more textures. The bottle and all screens.

KnacK

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2008, 12:46:46 PM »
What are the wav sounds of?
* KnacK isn't going to unblock mediafire at his office to download them....

UDead

• Autococker
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2008, 12:53:17 PM »
they are music that is in the map....like around to pool theres a song and in the basment there are three rooms that have a difrent song playing in them.....

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2008, 03:17:46 PM »
Is the map lit?  I can't really tell from the screenshots.

Eiii

• Autococker
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2008, 03:27:21 PM »
It's generally a bad idea to release your first few maps. Better to start showing them off when you know what you're doing.
Also, always light your maps.  Always.

UDead

• Autococker
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2008, 03:58:02 PM »
its not done.....plz dont tell me what a bad idea to do....and it takes to long to fullycompile it.

Garrett

• Autococker
« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2008, 04:12:17 PM »
its not done.....plz dont tell me what a bad idea to do....and it takes to long to fullycompile it.
They are trying to help you so no need to act like a pompous know it all.

UDead

• Autococker
« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2008, 04:22:30 PM »
im not acting like one.....who are u to judg me....hmm ill judg u as a nocked up pice a *......i dont need ppl judging me for something im not....all i said was "PLZ" dont tell me what a bad idea is.....i creat maps for fun...not for compitishion....so if i want to post them i can....sure i want feed back...but now u ppl are giving me....i dont jugd any of u ppl....so.....

eMo

• VM-68
« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2008, 04:29:27 PM »
im not acting like one.....who are u to judg me....hmm ill judg u as a nocked up pice a *......i dont need ppl judging me for something im not....all i said was "PLZ" dont tell me what a bad idea is.....i creat maps for fun...not for compitishion....so if i want to post them i can....sure i want feed back...but now u ppl are giving me....i dont jugd any of u ppl....so.....

Thank you for brutally slaughtering the english language...

KnacK

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2008, 04:30:53 PM »
Really easy solution to this:

If you don't want to be critiqued on your maps, don't release them in the forums.

Garrett

• Autococker
« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2008, 04:33:17 PM »
And if you don't want to be judged, at least attempt to type a sentence that is in the English language.

Cameron

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2008, 04:34:31 PM »
Here we go again.....  BTW UDead, maps are supposed to take a long time to compile.  Mine took 5 hours but it ended up failing :P  Also please use full stops so i can read sentences, i can't bear reading.....stuff like this....it irritates me....

Eiii

• Autococker
« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2008, 04:45:30 PM »
So wait, you're asking for feedback but actively rejecting it when you don't like what we say? That makes tons of sense.

Also, you should know that you're constantly judged when you do things that other people see. That's just how public exhibitions work. If you want to look smart (or smarter, I guess), type in complete comprehendable sentences. If you want to look like you know what you're doing, practice until you have something decent to show off. But don't start whining when people aren't blown away by your first mashup of brushes and textures.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #16 on: May 06, 2008, 05:57:14 PM »
It seems you have a solid grasp on how to use some of the brush manipulation tools.  There was actually a lot more detail in this map than I expected, and you've even thrown in a bunch of things like conveyer belts, teleporters, and secret walls.  There are a few key things you still need to work on, though:

- Lighting.  This is key.  Even the best constructed maps will look terrible without proper lighting.
- Texture alignment.  You will inevitably need to rotate and/or scale textures.  Many textures in the map need rotation.
- Believability.  You've got a lot of random things thrown into the map with no basis on reality.  Floating objects, teleportsers and conveyer belts all over the place just don't make for an immersive world (unless you have a convincing sci-fi setting on a space ship or something).

UDead

• Autococker
« Reply #17 on: May 07, 2008, 04:33:44 AM »
lol....this is the best feed back i have ever got. thx, but i like to do things for fun, so when I'm creating the map i just create it of the top of my head and i know your going to say....i need to plain the ting out. so thats why its probably all in there like that.

i_am_a_pirate

• Autococker
« Reply #18 on: May 07, 2008, 01:36:09 PM »
Hell, I planned warehouse warfare, tried making it and it turned out completely different. You don't really need a very good idea, just origional and expandable.

have I not posted on this topic with a demo yet? I'll make/post one in a min.. If my internet stays on...

UDead

• Autococker
« Reply #19 on: May 07, 2008, 01:40:02 PM »
ok.