Author Topic: complaint about the PodkarPacie server  (Read 4724 times)

porfavor

• PGP
complaint about the PodkarPacie server
« on: March 03, 2008, 03:08:31 PM »
i, if you want to know my playing name then just pm me, was attempting to play on PodkarPacies server today 3/3/08 and everything was going well. i was minding my own business and having a fun time playing on my favorite map. then all of a sudden i got kicked. i was not doing any hacks just playing like any normal person. so i go back onto the server and 1 minute later i get kicked again. then i say "why did you just kick me i did nothing wrong." then *stn*piter says "you are lagging." and he kicks me again. so i go back onto the server and say "lagging? i never lagged yet until." then *stn*piter insists that i have been lagging and he kicks me. so i go back onto the server three more times then finally i innocently say "dont kick me i am not lagging. this is my ping on all the normal maps and they are not messed up." the only response i get is a kick. the next many times i go onto the server *stn*piter kicks me right away. so then over many times of logging in i finally finnish typping in "at least let me say my argument." then over many more times of logging in i eventually right "i want to here what your argument is." the only response was a kick. then over the next two times i mangae to type and enter "debate me now so i can get my argument across." all *stn*piter does is kick me.
     so i want to know if there is any punishment for him taking away from my freedom of speech and being ruined to have fun on a game that allows anybody to play on any server they want unless if it is a clan match server or that person hacked. if there is a punishment for that i would really appreciate if it is put into use. i hate to sound evil and mean and cruel like *snt*piter, but he made me mad and he should get punished for punishing an innocent person for something that he can not control which is his computer's ping>

ViciouZ

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
Re: complaint about the PodkarPacie server
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2008, 03:10:02 PM »
Well, if he has admin, it's his right to do that, even if it doesn't seem fair. Just pick up on another server I guess.

Eiii

• Autococker
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2008, 03:17:54 PM »
As vicious said, all you can do is play on another server. And quite honestly, kicking because of high ping isn't that big a deal (assuming said ping is over 200 or so).

Byz

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2008, 04:39:57 PM »
In my opinion PodkarPacie server or what ever it is, its VERY laggy.

Garrett

• Autococker
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2008, 04:50:18 PM »
In my opinion PodkarPacie server or what ever it is, its VERY laggy.
I tend to avoid this server solely because the lag.  I only go in there if the server is set on the map Shock.
Sorry to say porfavor, but freedom of speech doesn't apply to the internet.

Isn't it a Portuguese server? 

porfavor

• PGP
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2008, 07:10:23 PM »
you know what, i feel like a jack ass drama king for making a small deal into a complaint i posted after the last two posts. now i know that the server wide lags on that server are due to an overall ping in the server. but piter could have been much more honest with me after he kicked me and i asked why. i thought that he was kicking me becuase he did not want people on his server that have specific lags (meaning lags just on a single persons computer.) but i did not experience any lags before he said he was kicking me because of lags. well i made an honest mistake for putting this topic on the discussion board. so could somebody with the right powers close this topic so nobody can read it if that is possible. if it is not then just close it to discussion.

magalhaes

• Autococker
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2008, 02:55:04 PM »
Isn't it a Portuguese server? 
The name of the server is PodkarPacie_PL. The PL means PoLand.

jezu

• PGP
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2008, 07:53:03 AM »
First of all it's not Piter's server. He just have an admin there, 100level i suppose. The real admin is M4c05, and the second one is Bambolino. The server is in poland, and also, as far as i know it's on the 1 mbit bandwitch. Internet in poland is still rly slow heh... So yes,there's many of lags course the connection isn't so great, but i still enjoy the game there...Ow, one more thing. Piter's english is worst then mine, i think he can barely say what's his name :D So he won't argue with you, don't expect that. But i think even with people also from poland he wont discuss.. he just kicks...

lekky

• Autococker
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2008, 08:02:14 AM »
the server settings are horrible too :P

it's on the 1 mbit bandwitch.

i thought that became extinct already...?

jezu

• PGP
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2008, 08:20:39 AM »
the server settings are horrible too :P

i thought that became extinct already...?

Lol in poland? some of us still have 512 kbit at home, my classmate have 256kbit, i suppose that is the slowest now... :(... Hmm.. personally I've got 1mbit also, but I'm not running any servers cause i know it's to slow... But podkarpacie is on that (I'm not sure, it surely was)

EDIT: "some of us still have 512 kbit", should be "lot's of us"...

Gamabunta

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2008, 09:20:36 AM »
Lekky, cmon, show up on irc. Haven't seen ya for quite long. And I told you how's net in Poland, you shouldn't be surprised. And about this server, the settings are pretty bad, someone should help admins do it right.

P.S. Sup jezu ;)

Cameron

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2008, 04:02:19 PM »
Lolz, i pinged 400 on that server and got a Temp-Ban from that guy.  Crappy server :P

M4rc05

• PGP
« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2008, 06:30:36 AM »
And about this server, the settings are pretty bad, someone should help admins do it right.

Which settings are bad ?

i_am_a_pirate

• Autococker
« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2008, 03:08:42 PM »
Off the top of my head?
Ping (although it can't really be helped)
Grenades
respawn time.

Cameron

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #14 on: May 17, 2008, 03:47:19 PM »
I would like to ask what Internet Connection it runs off.

i_am_a_pirate

• Autococker
« Reply #15 on: May 17, 2008, 03:51:03 PM »
rofl, dial-up probably

Cameron

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #16 on: May 17, 2008, 03:55:10 PM »
rofl, dial-up probably
Thats what I was guessing, but that would be pretty useless and it wouldn't cope with even 4 people let alone the amount of people that play there during their day time.

as far as i know it's on the 1 mbit bandwitch. Internet in poland is still rly slow heh...
Also is this true?

M4rc05

• PGP
« Reply #17 on: May 21, 2008, 06:01:48 AM »
Thats what I was guessing, but that would be pretty useless and it wouldn't cope with even 4 people let alone the amount of people that play there during their day time.
Also is this true?
Yes -There is on the 1 mbit down / 256 kb up bandwitch and on local network router + 16 LAN users.
Server settings (Grenades, respawn time) are individual for each server, so, they will not be changed.

Cameron

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #18 on: May 21, 2008, 02:41:32 PM »
Wow... Ur uploads on the server is as fast as mine....