Author Topic: Sun Light&Stone  (Read 1170 times)

SystemCZ

• PGP
Sun Light&Stone
« on: May 23, 2008, 08:31:10 AM »
Hi can u give me some tips how make sun light

And how make this stone?

M-A-Zing

• 68 Carbine
Re: Sun Light&Stone
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2008, 09:16:10 AM »
for the sunlight, you need to add some stuff in the world-spawn. the first thing you need to do is click the plus on the entity box when worldspawn is selected. "Key: _sun_light Value: 500" the 500 could actually be any number but the higher the number the stronger the light. then to make it have shadows. it is "key: _sun_angle value: 30 -30" once again the numbers are the variables to be changed to fit your certain map. there are more commands to use, but i don't know where to find them.
Then with the stone, for some reason the picture is a gray square, so i dont know what you are asking

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2008, 09:35:53 AM »
For the stone you need to use clipping planes.  Just make a brush, then shift+right click to create clip plane points.  You can set 2 points, then carve off everything on one side of the plane.  I really need to make a tutorial for those, as they're probably the most important tool in brush-based mapping.

Edit: This might help some. http://www.bspquakeeditor.com/bsptutor/bsplesson10.html

Garrett

• Autococker
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2008, 12:08:11 PM »
Even if you make a tutorial, people will still post threads asking about how to do it because they didn't search or read any of the stickies.

SystemCZ

• PGP
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2008, 02:55:17 PM »
perfect ;) light are working and i try make some stone..tomorow