Author Topic: IRC Server Tool  (Read 1588 times)

Br55HiT

• 68 Carbine
IRC Server Tool
« on: June 29, 2008, 09:35:17 PM »
I'm not sure exactly if this should go here, but it relates to the game so I guess I will. 

This is a Server Tool script that I wrote for IRC.  It lets you get GT match servers and eR33t match servers from one dialog.  Then send the info to your team or other people without having to copy and paste.

NOTE: the nicklist is the box where all the peoples nicks are.  The channel window is where all the chat text is.

Instructions: download the servtools.ini file from the link at the end.  Save it in your IRC folder with the other .ini files.  For mIRC it's just the main folder but I don't know about other scripts and clients.  Once saved type in /load -rs servtool.ini in the text bar where you would enter chat text.  It should say something like servtool.ini successfully loaded.  If this method doesn't work find your scripts editor and open it.  For mIRC that would be in tools or the /a icon in the toolbar.  Click the Remote tab and then do file->load, find the servtool.ini and open it.  If that fails to load it then there might be a compatibility issue or something else. 

Once it is loaded right click in the nicklist or a channel window doesn't matter where.  Your drop down menu should have new items in it a Get Server and Server Tools and others like Send team info, send info, and clear info.  You want to select the Server Tools to setup you channels.  It will ask for your teams main channel and your private channel.  If you don't have one or either just leave them blank.  This lets the server tool know what to send and where to send it.

If you right click in your nicklist you will see the send team info, send info, and clear info additions to the drop menu along with the server tool and get server.  The send team info will send any info you have to your teams private channel that you put in in the server tools dialog from before.  If no channel is put in it will just notice it to yourself.  To send it to a person right click their nick in the nicklist and click send info.  If you put in a main chan it will see if they are opped or not in that.  If they are it will send server password and login, if not they won't get login.  It you didn't specify a main channel they won't get login.  I think the clear info option is pretty self explanatory. 

Now to use the server tool right click in the nicklist or channel window or find it in the commands in your top bar.  Click the Get Server option and a dialog will come up.  The get eR33t will do just that, it will get an eR33t server from their channel.  If you are not in the channel you will join it and then get the server.  The info will be saved in the info and you can send it using the commands from the above paragraph.  For the get GT to work you must put in a password and login you want.  Then click Get GT and it will go to the GT website and go through match servers 1-4 to find an open one.  If one is open it will set it up, give you info, and once again set the info so the commands from the above paragraph will send out the info.  If no servers are open it will tell you.

Yes that was a long and pretty detailed explanation on the setup and how the script works.  But, I think it was necessary so there are as few problems and questions as possible. 

Download the file here: http://www.box.net/shared/4fo6dk0tcg

Tell me if there are any problems or questions about the script.  I'll try to help as much as I can.

capo

• VM-68
Re: IRC Server Tool
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2008, 09:49:04 PM »
Ah, Br55HiT.

Finally got to it and finished it eh? Nice work bro. Going to test it out later sometime or something @_<.

Br55HiT

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2008, 10:36:59 PM »
Actually Capo I have a different version that works with my IRC so pm me and I'll send you that one.

Olbaid

• Autococker
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2008, 10:48:58 PM »
It is a virus, don't download it.

Br55HiT

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2008, 11:21:59 PM »
I take it your referring to it as a virus because of my comment to Capo.  It's not, I sent him the IRC I use that I made and it already has the send info stuff in it.  All he would need is the get server part.  It's the same thing just leaving out the sending info parts.

Sorry to disappoint you but I'm not Smokey.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2008, 12:17:32 PM by Hitman007007 »