Vote kick player out of server .

Yes . But only team can vote kick player
4 (16%)
Yes . Anyone can vote to kick player
12 (48%)
No.
9 (36%)

Total Members Voted: 25

Author Topic: Vote kick player out of server .  (Read 2981 times)

Scope

• VM-68
Vote kick player out of server .
« on: July 04, 2008, 12:11:24 PM »
Would help if person is idle in a spot or if the player Hacks or if he is hiding in a spot where no one goes . If the player is abusing other players or what ever you can think of .

P!nk

• Autococker
_
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2008, 12:47:22 PM »
Post removed
« Last Edit: July 26, 2010, 01:52:39 AM by P!nk »

coLa

• Autococker
Re: Vote kick player out of server .
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2008, 04:24:24 PM »
i'd say remove the player from the team instead of kicking him from the server. probably less chance for abuse on that.

Termin8oR

• Autococker
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2008, 04:32:21 PM »
This vote would be nice, but I can see abuse already.

So maybe have a "Vote to Temp-Ban from current team?"
Like, Vote off of the team and the voted player has to wait 10minutes to re-join anyteam.
But if the person was to disconnect than reconnect to the server, have the ban still apply.

coLa

• Autococker
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2008, 05:20:53 PM »
that's just retarded. why have them "temp-banned" at all, let alone 10 minutes.

best thing is just have them removed from the team and let them be able to join once they come back from whatever they were doing.

Cameron

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2008, 06:42:16 PM »
I knew this thread would come one day.  I thought this was already sort of being discussed here though.  Maybe different but it made its way here.  What Termi said is an even better idea though.  Temp-Ban them from playing, but not from the server.

sk89q

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2008, 12:24:47 AM »
The pressing matter is that we don't even have a voting system to begin with.

But, if and when we get it, only registered and logged in players should be able to vote.

coLa

• Autococker
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2008, 01:06:37 AM »
What Termi said is an even better idea though.  Temp-Ban them from playing, but not from the server.

punish them for dealing with real world stuff? god forbid they leave their computers while playing a game to tend to other "urgent" matters.

that's the dumbest suggestion i ever heard.

T3RR0R15T

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2008, 07:55:28 AM »
The pressing matter is that we don't even have a voting system to begin with.

But, if and when we get it, only registered and logged in players should be able to vote.

+1

+ it should not work by serveradmins [people who are logged in with a special oppass(we need a command for the "command.txt" then)].

KnacK

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2008, 08:38:01 AM »
Back in the day when QW was out and 33k modems were the bomb, if you were in game and had to step out, all you had to do was face the wall....
* KnacK is getting way too old.....

wallpainter08

• Stingray
« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2008, 08:51:12 AM »
This is a "good" idea in theory yet... of course will have people abuse this like they do with other things in DP.
When someone comes on who some people don't like they will just ban them.

But my idea is to maybe have a report system like other games do. (i know it will probably get abused)
Maybe after a commitee reviews peoples cases then if they get too many reports of unsporting behavior they can be voted off a server.

Just an idea to work with.

KnacK

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2008, 09:14:48 AM »
1. Server admins are the only ones responsible for game play on *their* servers. No committee will EVER control player abuse on a server unless that committee HAS a server.

2. This *would* get abused.

3. If this person is a problem and persistently causes issues, have the server admin ban him.

RiMiNi

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2008, 04:46:13 PM »
But my idea is to maybe have a report system like other games do. (i know it will probably get abused)
Maybe after a commitee reviews peoples cases then if they get too many reports of unsporting behavior they can be voted off a server.
dude whats the point iin sending reports to a committee if for say, a person is idle and you just want him sent to obs instead of waiting, or kicked from the server so you can continue playing. if you had a commitee you won't be able to control idle players. and some that goes idle on a server certainly does not deserve to be banned.
and most of the time server admins are not in the server to control game play and such, not saying they never are, but a good portion of the time they aren't because, people do do other things than play dp. or i hope they do. >.>

wallpainter08

• Stingray
« Reply #13 on: July 06, 2008, 07:10:08 AM »
Yeah I know that my suggestion won't work...

It was just an idea to work off of.  However right now I do not think there will be a way to "control" other peoples servers and kick people out.