Author Topic: Box trouble again  (Read 1164 times)

RoBiNandL!nk

• Autococker
Box trouble again
« on: July 07, 2008, 11:08:35 PM »
The top of every single one of my box textures is misaligned with all of the other sides. Can someone help? thanks

Cameron

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
Re: Box trouble again
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2008, 11:49:01 PM »
Well, lets see.  I really dont want to tell you to use the search function as I know this will never get resolved if I do, so.  Are you making the map in like 1 unit mode and placing them everywhere?  If you are put it into something like 16 or 32 so you actually have some control.

Secondly, move the box around a bit and see if it fixes itself.  Then if it does do Alt+L and it locks the texture in place.  Move it back to its original spot and there you go.

Thirdly, if that doesn't work hit 's' and a box called 'surface' will pop up, might have to scroll down in BSP to find it.  Up the top of the surface box there is S, T, R, SX, SY.  S and T are the ones you want to use.  This moves the surface of the texture in a particular direction.  Eg if you put 7 under S and -10 under T it will move the texture around.  R rotates the texture if its needed and SX and SY resize the texture, 1.0 is its original size, 0.5 is half the size, etc.  Make sure though when you do this you click the FACE you want to move around, not just some random spot on the brush.  Then you MUST click Apply Face to it will apply to the face, or it will not work.  You can also apply it to the brush if you are making it a ladder or trans66, etc.

Hope that helps.

Rick

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2008, 12:16:37 AM »
Usually what I do is change the grid size to 64 and make the box, hit alt+l then change the grid size back to what I originally had and put it where I want, perfect box.

Cameron

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2008, 12:38:53 AM »
Depends if he rotated the box and put it on an angle, thats why I wrote all of that stuff.

RoBiNandL!nk

• Autococker
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2008, 06:31:18 PM »
ahh yes i thought S and T where for something else thanks alot