Author Topic: Is login server down ?  (Read 1828 times)

yossarianuk

• VM-68
Is login server down ?
« on: July 07, 2008, 01:24:20 PM »
Hi - its 20:23 (uk time)

I am unable to login - it just seems to keep trying (for ages...)

Is there a URL to check the status ?

Cheers

T3RR0R15T

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
Re: Is login server down ?
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2008, 02:03:32 PM »
Works (from germany).

IronFist

• Autococker
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2008, 03:02:30 PM »
Hi - its 20:23 (uk time)

I am unable to login - it just seems to keep trying (for ages...)

Is there a URL to check the status ?

Cheers

If you can get to www.dplogin.com, you should be able to log in using the game. Be sure your firewall isn't blocking anything. Out of curiosity, can you still connect to game servers?

edit: forgot the forums run on dplogin.com...then of course, you should be able to log in using the game fine, unless you've a firewall problem.

yossarianuk

• VM-68
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2008, 03:26:53 PM »
Its fine now - I'm pretty sure it wasn't my side (unless ISP error..) I work in web hosting so know a bit about firewalls,etc and I did nothing (it suddenly started working...)

My Firewall shows nothing strange, I did reboot the Linux gateway (it didn't help at the time).

Anyway its cool now .....

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2008, 05:04:38 PM »
The forums and login server run on the same machine, so if you can access the forums, the login server should be up.

XtremeBain

• Developer
  • Autococker
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2008, 05:18:31 PM »
Login server response times were really poor yesterday afternoon, and most peoples' autologin was timing out.  I was able to login through the menu (Escape > Setup > Global Login Setup > Login) after quite a wait, but usually on the first try.  People on the pub server were getting kicked quite a bit for name and clan tag violations (Login failed for...)

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2008, 12:00:13 PM »
Hm, wonder if reverse dns is slowing it down again.  It should be caching that data.  Could just be getting bogged down in general.  I'll try to remember to take a look at it when I get home.

XtremeBain

• Developer
  • Autococker
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2008, 12:04:14 PM »
The forums aren't doing so hot either... I wouldn't be surprised if MySQL was the bottleneck.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2008, 01:23:57 PM »
The forums aren't doing so hot either... I wouldn't be surprised if MySQL was the bottleneck.
They don't seem bad right now, but if both are slow at the same time, then it could well be that mysql is getting overloaded or possibly just the server in general.  I may need to look into some profiling and optimizing.  The databases have grown quite a bit since the dplogin system started.