Author Topic: GT servers  (Read 5196 times)

ichabod

• PGP
Re: GT servers
« Reply #20 on: December 21, 2005, 10:17:56 AM »
 Actually spraying would be running around corners, hallways, paths, and maps in general with the gun blazing.  Simply sitting at the exit on Blitz shooting the other exit is not, what I would consider, spraying.  I call that strategy.  If you can get there first, hold their team in, grab the flag, and then do a Blitz style jump to cap then you have just completed, what normal civilization would call, strategy.  NOT SPRAY.  Gun temp is counter productive.  I applaud Jits for trying to make the game better but what sucks is when you get into a firefight with a jumper like Dyingjackel and you can't hit him and he can't hit you.... all the sudden you here click click click and then a newb runs around the corner and gets you.  Ok so I'll wait for someone to tell me to aim better but we have all been there so don't flame.  As far as the capping with your flag not at base, I like that... the capping and round ends I like to because that is how it is in real pball. I know this isn't real pball but I think that type of play would help teams who made one mistake, say on castle, and keep them from loosing the game in one round.  I think that it makes the teams that win work harder and appreciate the win more.  The other night Conflict had a great match with xB.... we made some dumb moves on castle and got wasted.  Now we should practice that map some but a flag ending cap would have helped us out.  Maybe Im crying to help the weak but who knows.  Maybe I want this game to resemble real pball, which it never will, because this game is a unique mix of games.  It mixes paintball, quake, and a jump style of play.  The game as has strategy as well as balls out rushing.  I think all in all some tweaks will have to be made but for now its great.  Guntemp is my least favorite thing. 
Todd

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #21 on: December 21, 2005, 11:54:37 AM »
Yeah no poop so that is why you choose 1 standard setting and not 5.
So that people who don't like that setting will be forced to play that way all the time?  What if the standard setting was one that you did not like?

nXe

• Stingray
« Reply #22 on: December 24, 2005, 06:55:29 PM »
All this debate is narrowing down to the fact that this game is built on the q2 engine.  how ironical - a paintball game on an engine like q2 with the same physics. 

It all comes down to preference.  There's no right way to play dp; realistic or not, I enjoy classic rush and spray - if that's what you'll call it.  If i wanted to play a more realistic paintball game i'd go for the newer releases or i'd just go hit up the local pball field with some homies.

Don't take the physics from me.  Don't take my feel.  Don't take my right to rush.  Don't take my cocker from me.  DANCE with me, DANCE.  That's all you can do with the q2 engine coupled with similar physics.  We dance around maps.  I strongly believe movement is crucial to this game... but sure you can spray and sure you can camp- but at the end of the day, the pros are the ones who can DANCE. aiming is almost important as well... but that's easier to come by than movement... IMO...

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #23 on: December 24, 2005, 08:30:30 PM »
Who said anything about changing the physics?

nXe

• Stingray
« Reply #24 on: December 24, 2005, 11:05:22 PM »
nobody. i was just puttin my two-cents-worth into the mix :D

loial21

• Autococker
« Reply #25 on: December 25, 2005, 08:46:56 PM »
All this debate is narrowing down to the fact that this game is built on the q2 engine. how ironical - a paintball game on an engine like q2 with the same physics.

It all comes down to preference. There's no right way to play dp; realistic or not, I enjoy classic rush and spray - if that's what you'll call it. If i wanted to play a more realistic paintball game i'd go for the newer releases or i'd just go hit up the local pball field with some homies.

Don't take the physics from me. Don't take my feel. Don't take my right to rush. Don't take my cocker from me. DANCE with me, DANCE. That's all you can do with the q2 engine coupled with similar physics. We dance around maps. I strongly believe movement is crucial to this game... but sure you can spray and sure you can camp- but at the end of the day, the pros are the ones who can DANCE. aiming is almost important as well... but that's easier to come by than movement... IMO...
eii this is the 'dance' i was referring to.

nXe

• Stingray
« Reply #26 on: December 25, 2005, 11:55:05 PM »
I'm the king of proclaiming the simple fact of 'dancing'  DANCE... lets DANCE female dogES