Author Topic: New Map: Flooded Bunker  (Read 5314 times)

UDead

• Autococker
Re: New Map: Flooded Bunker
« Reply #20 on: December 15, 2008, 06:01:32 AM »
That’s not how I work, I like to get everything done then mess with lighting the map, so is the map is lit when I'm mapping I don't have to worry about the lights getting in my way or having to resize a light. and also when I'm mapping in BSP the tree boxes that show your grid of the map that is see thought, any brush you create creates a outline and the more outlines you have or one or another the more harder it gets to map so please let me map the way I like to and please stop getting on my case about lighting the map because I will do that later. Thank-You

DrRickDaglessMD

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #21 on: December 15, 2008, 07:41:02 AM »
UDead, the simple fact is that its has been said MANY TIMES that beta maps should be full-compiled. This means VIS and RAD. If that's not the way you work, don't release it on the forums until you feel ready to light it. We don't want to see some horrible-looking unlit map.

You obviously haven't read any of the tutorials and guides on making maps and after wasting my time looking at it, I'm starting to wonder if you'd ever seen water in your life. In the real world, the magic of gravity means you can't normally have freestanding 45-degree faces of water. More importantly, it's an extremely bad idea to have water on more than 1 plane as each reflective water plane doubles the number of polygons drawn. This probably accounts for your ridiculously high r_speeds, not to mention the fact you didn't even bother to VIS it.

Sort your attitude and compiling out, preferably in that order.

- Dagless M.D

KnacK

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #22 on: December 15, 2008, 09:41:01 AM »
UDead, the simple fact is that its has been said MANY TIMES that beta maps should be full-compiled. This means VIS and RAD. If that's not the way you work, don't release it on the forums until you feel ready to light it. We don't want to see some horrible-looking unlit map.

You obviously haven't read any of the tutorials and guides on making maps and after wasting my time looking at it, I'm starting to wonder if you'd ever seen water in your life. In the real world, the magic of gravity means you can't normally have freestanding 45-degree faces of water. More importantly, it's an extremely bad idea to have water on more than 1 plane as each reflective water plane doubles the number of polygons drawn. This probably accounts for your ridiculously high r_speeds, not to mention the fact you didn't even bother to VIS it.

Sort your attitude and compiling out, preferably in that order.

- Dagless M.D

+1000

UDead

• Autococker
« Reply #23 on: December 15, 2008, 10:20:37 AM »
Please, if I'm a wast of your time then just don't look at my thread or bother to leave a post. If you read any other post here, its a rough of the map and can be change. So please don't wast my time reading your post saying that I'm wasting your time. Thank-You
« Last Edit: December 16, 2008, 05:21:31 AM by UDead »

aircrew

• VM-68
« Reply #24 on: December 15, 2008, 11:24:59 AM »
Please, if I'm a wast of your time then just don't look at my thread or bother to leave a post. If you read any other post here, its a rough of the map and cant be change. So please don't wast my time reading your post saying that I'm wasting your time. Thank-You
Nice one.

UDead

• Autococker
« Reply #25 on: December 15, 2008, 11:31:29 AM »
Thank-You, but I didn't post that to get points or to see who can score the most burns.

musickid999

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #26 on: December 15, 2008, 09:18:30 PM »
LoL? UDead vs Knack, Round 2! Fight!

RiMiNi

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #27 on: December 15, 2008, 09:35:16 PM »
LoL? UDead vs Knack, Round 2! Fight!
Don't encourage flaming, despite the fact that UDead is being a douuche.

musickid999

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #28 on: December 15, 2008, 09:38:46 PM »
LoL, I'm not encouraging flaming. I'm just trying to put out the fire here. A little humor, maybe they both will see how dumb and silly it is and laugh it off. (At least I hope so)

UDead

• Autococker
« Reply #29 on: December 16, 2008, 05:19:57 AM »
OK you said don't encourage flaming, you are trying to start one by calling me a douuche. so take your own advice and back off, I'm not trying to start no fight/argument I'm just stating my point and my point only.

Cameron

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #30 on: December 16, 2008, 05:45:36 AM »
UDead, no-one else here is fighting but you.  If you are not willing to take advice from other people, then i suggest that you forget about mapping.  Advice is the thing that helps you along the way.  Now just do me a BIG favor.  Read tutorials like you have been told MANY times.  If you fail to do so, more negative feedback is going to come your way and you will not be successful.  End of story.

KnacK

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #31 on: December 16, 2008, 06:27:04 AM »

Any Suggestions?

Remember this post? This is what you asked for.