Author Topic: Dp map and texture reboot and re-launch?  (Read 8836 times)

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
Re: Dp map and texture reboot and re-launch?
« Reply #20 on: September 07, 2010, 10:24:45 AM »
A map committee, which makes an official maplist of good mapped maps (not only the maps players like atm) sounds really good.
How do u want to fix the old maps? Most of the *.map files are deleted. Decompile and fix it could be a little too much work and is only possible for maps without a model.
It's not like most of the popular maps are that complicated.  They could probably be rebuilt from scratch in a day or two, then polished up for a week or two to make them look better.

Narga

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #21 on: January 23, 2011, 07:42:27 PM »
The two in the name is not a version. It's because the game is based on the quake 2 engine, i think.

Jitspoe was trying to make a game that uses the Quake 3 engine. Sort of like a Paintball 3. He stopped working on it because of all the problems in mapping the game.

The errors were probably not just for the mapping part of the game, but some other parts too (I think). I remember him saying that the bots have really bad accuracy or they would shoot all over the place or something like that.

I guess a way to improve the graphics is by making the textures pictures of real stuff. I'm not sure if they are or not.

I guess another problem is getting more textures. Most of the time, if I want HD textures, I have to download them manually. Some maps came with them when I played them for the 1st time on a server. One of the maps that came with the was Urban Night.

Some times, I get an error message in the console saying that the server couldn't find the file or refused download or something like that. Making me have to download them manually.

I guess the game could come with all the textures that are currently available for the game (including HD textures). The textures should also be automatically updated.

Exxtasy

• Stingray
« Reply #22 on: January 25, 2011, 07:42:52 AM »
Can anyone prevent this Narga (idk who the .... is that) from re-opening every single old thread?

pvtjimmy

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #23 on: January 25, 2011, 10:25:34 AM »
Can anyone prevent this Narga (idk who the .... is that) from re-opening every single old thread?

+16156843894315

Narga

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #24 on: January 25, 2011, 12:37:54 PM »

What are you talking about? I thought old threads were 3-4 years old? Was I wrong? Well, I'm sort of new to the forums. So all these "old posts" are new to me.

Myles

• VM-68
« Reply #25 on: January 25, 2011, 02:19:16 PM »
What are you talking about? I thought old threads were 3-4 years old? Was I wrong? Well, I'm sort of new to the forums. So all these "old posts" are new to me.

No one is trying to stop you from reading them, but you don't have to post in them so they show up on our recent posts sections...We don't want to talk about the topics anymore!That's why they died!!!

Narga

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #26 on: January 25, 2011, 07:59:38 PM »
No one is trying to stop you from reading them

I've had a different experience.

but you don't have to post in them so they show up on our recent posts sections...We don't want to talk about the topics anymore!That's why they died!!!

I've found it convienient that there's a link that says "show unread posts since last visit".

pvtjimmy

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #27 on: January 26, 2011, 11:35:17 AM »
I've found it convienient that there's a link that says "show unread posts since last visit".

probably the most of us enjoy this function. I think you're either not expressing yourself in a proper way, or you do no understand the function of this button.

To get things straight: There's no problem reading old topics. Just consider posting in old topics before doing so.

"Is it smart to post an opinion to a discussion in 2006?" No.
"Is someone who needed help in 2008 still waiting for an answer?" No.
"I have a question, but I'm not sure if anyone else ever had this question." Use the search button before (re-)opening a topic and try to find your answer first.

Of course you are very welcome to participate in active discussions, just like every member from in community.