Author Topic: Double Jump script help  (Read 3523 times)

Jenus8D

• PGP
Double Jump script help
« on: July 14, 2008, 08:42:40 AM »
Ok, So i recently added a double jump code into my Config.cfg. How do i tell if it's working? I don't seem to be jumping any higher. Can someone give me an exact tutorial on how to do this. Don't post just learn Double jump... Because i've tried and i have failed.

Chef-Killer

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
Re: Double Jump script help
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2008, 09:40:21 AM »
Hehe, i hate those scripts. Where goes the fun while using it?

Holo

• VM-68
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2008, 09:42:18 AM »
Don't post just learn Double jump... Because i've tried and i have failed.
Atleast you're honest. ;D

Eiii

• Autococker
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2008, 09:43:28 AM »
Jump scripts don't make you 'jump higher'-- they just do the work of double-jumping off an edge for you, albeit poorly and a low percentage of the time.

Learn to double jump. It's easier than you think once you get started, and it'll serve you much better in the long run.

Dukky

• Stingray
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2008, 09:50:48 AM »
I use a double jump script, I double jump a lot better than I did when I learnt how and could - I get it every time and can double jump off literally everything double-jumpable. I find that, for me, being able to double jump with a press of the button is better than having to smash your space bar key to try. Its not like it makes you less skilled - sure you can't double jump, but you can use the script and double jump better and more often.

It's done miracles for my jumping and playing in general, I can now double jump hard jumps backwards, sideways - any direction really. It allows you to focus on other stuff, like when people are on the map, without also having to worry about the double jump

I guess it's just personal preference, but if you want a way to double jump successfully more often, I would use it

T3RR0R15T

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2008, 10:10:27 AM »
The script doesnt work for me.
If i run forwards it works 20%, but if i run backwards it works 99%...

If paintball becomes a rearview mirror, i can make jumpmaps backwards easier than forwards :)

skitzo

• Autococker
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2008, 01:06:27 PM »
being able to double jump with a press of the button is better than having to smash your space bar key to try.

Exactly why i set my mouse 2 button as a secondary jump button =]

mrfoods

• Stingray
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2008, 01:03:49 PM »
same here ^_^

Sonny

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2008, 05:27:04 PM »
double jump script = 2slow

sk89q

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2008, 06:22:52 PM »
The double jump script only works on one particular height since the time between jumps is hard-coded in the script. If you use it a lot, you'll know exactly when it will work or not, but you'd be better off just learning the technique by yourself:

http://digitalpaint.therisenrealm.com/reference/jumping#DoubleJumping