Author Topic: Because of popular demand...  (Read 2158 times)

wax

• PGP
Because of popular demand...
« on: September 30, 2008, 08:47:53 PM »
First I want to say I appreciate all the input from the community in their interests.  With that said I wanted to say I've decided to try a different approach and hopefully one which will aid more support.  Instead of a LAN event which would limit the participants I've decided to go with an online tournament which will hopefully get all ends of the community involved.  I am slow going at this because I hope it to be a much bigger and more enjoyable experience for us all.  I don't have a current date yet because this will need some more planning i.e. Server support, a webpage, advertising, accomodations to players real-life schedules etc..  This tournament will have an entry fee however as well as a cash prize payable through PayPal.  Nothing will be handled without the most secure payment methods I promise.  The tournament will most likely be a 3v3 style, double elimination, with prizes paid for the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd spots.  Based off of a 60, 30, 10% payout.  In turn however their will be a surrcharge which will be designated to the servers in which will lend aid in supporting.  I only want to use servers that will be specifically dealing with the tournament and nothing more.  So if anyone can help with that please get back with me and we will discuss the overhead for such.  Also after this tournament I hope to have it as a welcoming for the Waxed Paintball League.  This league will only be overseen by me, and ran mostly by the community.  I will arrange the prizes, format, and rules.  The scheduling will be dealt through you guys to accomodate your real-life obligations.  Their will not be any leagues in it to start.  With enough participation however as seasons progress there maybe consideration.  I just got back into town I had some real-life problems that had to be dealt with and I apologize for the hiatus.  I hope this will be more enticing to you guys and hope to receive some positive feedback.  Vague has a site already built, but it needs some tweaking done to it before I post the address.  Unfortunately he is out of town for a bit but will be back to help in the upcoming week.  Thanks again guys and happy hunting.