Author Topic: Laser help...  (Read 1489 times)

vojtaso

• PGP
Laser help...
« on: November 22, 2008, 01:21:43 PM »
Hallo guys...i have tryed to make a map in storm... Thanks for link in other topic about sounds. Now i need something like a flash. I think, there i must use laser for it but i dont now how... Can somebody help me... post some link about it or write short tutorial... Thx....

PS: Sorry for my english  ;)

Eiii

• Autococker
Re: Laser help...
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2008, 01:35:51 PM »
There's no dynamic lighting in pball2, as far as I can tell.

vojtaso

• PGP
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2008, 03:23:57 PM »
Ok, sorry, i'm looking on .map file of Cosmic3 in this moment and i find it!!! The "blicking" is light entity with special type value...2,3,5,... i think, this is something about it, but i don't know what. Does exists some page about entities???

DrRickDaglessMD

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2008, 06:01:36 PM »
The pages on GameDesign.net (you'll need an account, its free) can explain it all to you. Light entities can have different preset styles, like flashing on and off, flickering like candles, etc...

There are an awfully large number of styles, you'll just have to see which one works best, although how you could implement reasonable looking lightning, I've no idea. Certainly not if you can see a large portion of the skybox, it'd just look weird. Having said that, if you contrived to have the lightning flash on the floor through a window, that might look kind of cool.

The GameDesign.net page kind of hints that there are a range of modifiable styles, but I don't know how you might go about this.

- Dag

p.s. I didn't just copy and paste the page in full because I don't really want to step on the Rust guys toes.

Eiii

• Autococker
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2008, 06:10:14 PM »
Huh, I thought I had experimented with this before. Guess I did something wrong. :(

EDIT: Right, it was toggleable lights I was messing with. Disregard what I said. :D

skitzo

• Autococker
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2008, 06:22:29 PM »
Haunted House map ftw?

ViciouZ

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2008, 06:11:46 AM »
There was a lazarus demo map that did this... I'll see if I can find it.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2008, 10:21:49 AM »
Be careful with flashing lights - they can cause severe framerate hits on some video cards.