Author Topic: My Server Doesnt Come Up On The Server List?!?  (Read 5188 times)

trilobite

• PGP
Re: My Server Doesnt Come Up On The Server List?!?
« Reply #20 on: December 16, 2008, 06:02:31 PM »
ok, i did that test thingy that it says way up top again. it says, DP Resource Public Server Troubleshooter
Specified server information: 72.226.242.243:27910
Actual user IP address: ****DIFFERENT from provided IP****
RCON password provided? yes
Run at Tue, 16 Dec 2008 23:52:40 +0000

TEST PROCESS
===================
> Checking if 72.226.242.243:27910 can be connected to...
>    Writing to socket: '\xFF\xFF\xFF\xFFstatus\n'
>    Attempting to read, 3 second timeout...
>    Failure: Read operation timed out, port is firewalled? data packet lost in transit?
> Failed to connect to server!
> Checking server list...
> Getting server list from http://dplogin.com/serverlist.php
> 53 lines of server list data
> Processed 47 server lines, 14 different IPs
> No entries found on the server list

RECOMMENDATIONS
===================
* Your server may not even be running; try connecting to it on this computer: run /connect 127.0.0.1:27910 in console
* Your server's port may not be forwarded; make sure you forward your ports for UDP port 27910 (and make sure it's set to the right computer address)
* Your server's port may be firewalled; make sure you allow port 27910 through your firewall

Im really not sure if i did the static ip address right because it never told me just what exactly my static ip address is. is it? if so where does it tell me? Yes my server was running, and the firewall was even off.

trilobite

• PGP
« Reply #21 on: December 16, 2008, 06:04:42 PM »
omg, what EXACTLY do u mean port forwarding. i did the thing it said to do on the port forwarding website and i typed in the addresses into that properties box it tells me to do, so thats port forwarding??!!

trilobite

• PGP
« Reply #22 on: December 16, 2008, 06:06:02 PM »
oh, and 1 mor thing, i have the server box thingy open right now and it says paintball 2 initiallized, but before it said that it was sending a ping to the master server twice, is this a good or bad thing lol?

vague312

• VM-68
« Reply #23 on: December 18, 2008, 01:06:59 AM »
Port forwarding is kinda like opening a door for information to flow in and out of. If the door is shut no information gets out.
if it says "sending heartbeat" that's normal.

Did you try looking up http://www.ipchicken.com/ with the computer you are using for the server? That might be a problem.

trilobite

• PGP
« Reply #24 on: December 18, 2008, 05:24:04 PM »
yah, i did the ipchicken before but i never said what it said under advanced, it says  Name Address: cpe-72-226-242-243.rochester.res.rr.com 
 Remote Port: 1413 
 Browser: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 5.1; .NET CLR 1.1.4322) 

sooo....ya, and when i woke up this morning before school, i saw a norton box opened up and it said an ip address of the same exact ip address except the last numbers were 1026 so im gonna try that in the server checker thing. ill post the results later though.

trilobite

• PGP
« Reply #25 on: December 18, 2008, 05:36:00 PM »
OMFG i feel great i do not know what i did but i got it to come up!!! thanks knack, jitspoe and that other guy!!!! come play on it sometime