Author Topic: Mapping error message  (Read 1545 times)

SnooD

• VM-68
Mapping error message
« on: December 18, 2011, 02:10:54 AM »
I am getting an error message when i try to test my map. It says ERROR: The system cannot find specified path. I am not quiet sure what this means or how to fix it. My bsp program in the same file location as my dp program. I also have the map file saved into the d:\games\paintball2\pball\maps\inprogress location. Please reply if you have any suggestions, it worked fine on my other map, but then again that was a different laptop. Please help me out here if you can.

T3RR0R15T

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
Re: Mapping error message
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2011, 05:09:12 AM »
Can you try it with this bsp version?
You only need to change the path to your paintball folder in the file "pfad.txt" (should only be the harddrive in your case).

ftp://otb-server.de/pub/BSP%20-%20Map%20Editor/BSP_setup.exe

SnooD

• VM-68
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2011, 03:37:59 PM »

Rick

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2011, 04:52:17 PM »
The default location 'I THINK' for bsp is in c:/. I think you have to change a bunch of location excrement. I think it's in one of the installing bsp guides.

SnooD

• VM-68
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2011, 05:20:26 PM »
The default location 'I THINK' for bsp is in c:/. I think you have to change a bunch of location excrement. I think it's in one of the installing bsp guides.
I kinda just started wondering if i needde to change oath files to D because it kept acting as if it were trying to pull stuff from C

Rick

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2011, 05:41:02 PM »
I don't remember which file you have to edit, but it'll be in one of the guides on this site.

SnooD

• VM-68
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2011, 06:36:09 PM »
I don't remember which file you have to edit, but it'll be in one of the guides on this site.
well here is what i found so far http://www.mediafire.com/?4bcik043x9om5nk but I cannot find these files

Rick

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2011, 08:41:44 PM »
Try reading steps 3 + 4 of the 'Installing and starting BSP'. I'm not at a computer right now but I should be able to help you tomorrow if you're still having trouble.

SnooD

• VM-68
« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2011, 01:04:58 AM »
Try reading steps 3 + 4 of the 'Installing and starting BSP'. I'm not at a computer right now but I should be able to help you tomorrow if you're still having trouble.
got it, lol i just got lazy and switched it to c: the reason it wasn't in C in the first place was because was full, so i just put stuff onto an SD card and re downloaded stuff onto c. thanks for the help and support.