Author Topic: New Game Mode  (Read 2474 times)

RoBbIe

• Autococker
New Game Mode
« on: January 26, 2009, 05:22:44 PM »
Its Pretty Simple Like Have A Flag You Got o Capture like king of the hill you have 2 be by it to capture it then you defend it. Sort of King Of the Hill meets Siege as seen in other games

Laged

• 68 Carbine
Re: New Game Mode
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2009, 05:35:17 PM »
Idea taken from CoD or Halo I suppose. It just won't work with this game. -1.

lilb990

• Autococker
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2009, 06:50:14 PM »
Idea taken from CoD or Halo I suppose. It just won't work with this game. -1.

Agreed -1 as well because dp is a type of game where teamwork is involved not king of the hill type nice idea or taken idea thought :)

Justinph5

• Autococker
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2009, 06:53:52 PM »
we already have a game mode like this. I dunno the name, some maps use it on the beta test server.

Cameron

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2009, 06:59:11 PM »
we already have a game mode like this. I dunno the name, some maps use it on the beta test server.
Didn't Queenie release one?  It was like just sprint up to the top and grab the flag, but I think it was a siege mode, just with the area the flag was around is the capture point.

Found it: tod_b2

Is that what you were talking about?

Justinph5

• Autococker
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2009, 07:00:05 PM »
something like that... a pyramid thing

RoBbIe

• Autococker
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2009, 08:17:49 AM »
k cool well yea i got it off cod waw..but you know just because its a console game doesn't mean the game mode wont work on dp..So if you dont wanna get a new game mode its fine i just bringing up a new suggestion i thought would be fun

DrRickDaglessMD

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2009, 03:49:33 AM »
In other games I do like domination gamemodes, but I think the problem with DP is that it being a 1-hit elim, if you were the sole defender of a capture point, you'd have to be very good to stand any chance of defending it for your team - unlike in Unreal or CoD where you can (usually, if the server isn't Hardcore) take a couple of hits and dole out a fair bit of damage. Thinking about it though, maps with pretty tight bottlenecks at the bases/capture points like Indune are pretty defensible by a single person (which is considered a bit of a failing in CTF as it promotes camping/lining).

On a related note, I started (but never finished) a space themed map where the teams would take the roles of the crew of a ship and a hostile boarding party at various locations along its hull. It was to be King of the Hill gamemode, with the goals being to maintain ownership of the Engine Room and the Bridge, and possibly some cryogenic storage hold. This wouldn't have been as dynamic as the moving capture points like in HQ mode on CoD, but I think it could have been pretty fun!

- Dag

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2009, 01:16:57 PM »
You can effectively have a domination game mode by setting up multiple hills in KOTH mode.  You have to keep the enemy off of all the hills in order to gain points.