Author Topic: WoW  (Read 2638 times)

ShyGuy

• PGP
WoW
« on: January 15, 2009, 04:40:18 PM »
Okay... This is just my opinion..

GT servers are only supposed to have so many admins.

Just because some fool leaked the op and snipen/casso are not around to change it, dosnt mean they can abuse it.

I have been in the servers on several occasions were Circa and L!nk both have tried to overthrow me and put it on pp1.

some say this is a power trip im sure.. but as an admin, I Do NOT change map in the middle of a game.. 

pp1 is a good map i agree. But DAM it don't need to be played every other map!

I have been tbanning people from the servers who are doing it. and the more it happens the more i will ban.

I dont mind you changing the map, just 1 dont do it in the middle of the game. 2 when a higher op changes it dont try to change it somewhere else. 3 when a higher op changes it dont backtalk and cry.

thats all i have to say about it.

- ShyGuy

p.s.  banning mewa for posting with PROOF of L!nk with an op is absurd

KnacK

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
Re: WoW
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2009, 05:35:12 PM »
You can post about server admin abuse IF YOU HAVE RECORDED PROOF!

There will be no personall attacks agains server admins, that would be just like flaming any other member of our community.

Any flaming gets you an automatic 2 day vacation and repeat offenders will get more.

You ALWAYS have a choice.  There are more servers now than at any time in DP history. Go play on another server or go make your own.

HUGE difference between posting about admin abuse and FLAMING an op.

Eiii

• Autococker
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2009, 05:37:20 PM »
What do you want anyone here to do? If GT's server password gets out, it's GT's fault. They can easily deal with this themselves. That's it.

Bix

• Autococker
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2009, 06:55:00 PM »
What do you want anyone here to do? If GT's server password gets out, it's GT's fault. They can easily deal with this themselves. That's it.

Another reason people who don't play/have a clue what is going on should not post.

P!nk

• Autococker
_
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2009, 07:10:46 PM »
Post removed
« Last Edit: July 26, 2010, 01:49:13 AM by P!nk »

KnacK

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2009, 07:20:33 PM »
Another reason people who don't play/have a clue what is going on should not post.

That kind of sums it up bix.  It's GT's issue and they can deal with it as they see fit.

Bix

• Autococker
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2009, 07:26:14 PM »
Was saying that none of GT plays, therefore they cant really solve the problem. Since Eiii just trolls around the forums and pokes his head in #paintball he would not know this.

Eiii

• Autococker
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2009, 11:03:43 PM »
Uhh, so then who takes care of their servers? You can't expect the admins here to babysit for GT just because they can't be bothered to actually pay attention to their pubs.

mewa

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2009, 12:53:43 AM »
You just don't get it....

I had no expectations of L!nk being formally punished or banned by the DP community. I know it's GT's server and it's their issue. I made the post for the active members of the community to form their own opinions about L!nk and the subject. If he wants to run around making flamboyant post's about getting banned from a server, while at the same time stealing ops to the server and "abusing" the powers (random map changes mid match is incredibly annoying and counts as abuse in my book), I think the community has a right to see the whole picture.

Knack, please explain to me, why was I banned after I provided the condump? There was nothing really "on fire" about my post. I made a very rational argument as to why I was posting the info and didn't bother going into what an assface loser he was and how annoying it is when he runs around saying "Omg!!" and "Wow!?!?" or "wtf??????" every goshdarn time he dies, like its some impossibility. He is not a valid administrator of the GT servers and therefore receives no protection of your laws.

On a similar note, maybe you can identify how L!nks post was valid and mine wasn't. He post's, "Easyrider has been banning be for the past 2 hours and abusing it.. im just wondering if it got out? or is it a gt.. hes not on dp login". That's it. No screenshot, no condump, no proof of what he's accusing to any extent other than his word. Yet somehow his is valid, but mine with two pieces of incredibly consequential evidence his suppressed while I took a vacation for "flaming" (I assume, I still have no idea the reasoning). Please tell me this has nothing to do with the simultaneous threads regarding forum administers......

Lastly, thank you shyguy for your advocacy in my absence and willingness to write about this absurdity.

All this shabooya, has got to stop. Roll Call.

blaa

• Autococker
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2009, 03:43:26 AM »
 Yeah, why the intercourse you bring up a topic what really concerns a big amount of active dp players?

Thats the issue of 3 GT server admins!!!!!!

eMo

• VM-68
« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2009, 12:33:05 PM »
I have nothing to do with this
please keep my name out of your mouth
and stop cryingggg.
thanks.

m7feettall

• Autococker
« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2009, 01:38:17 AM »
This thread makes no sense. I can only assume it is heavily edited at this point.

Basically I am not sure we can do much if GT admins are missing in action.