Author Topic: Petition - Add Pro Paint to Maplist  (Read 6659 times)

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
Re: Petition - Add Pro Paint to Maplist
« Reply #20 on: February 04, 2006, 01:22:31 PM »
I left some feedback on the map in your thread about it.  While it's not a bad map layout, it seems like it's geared more toward trick jumps and individual skills than tournament-level team play.  A lot like airtime.  With the underground ice jump, it's borderline novelty.  Good for pubs, but not that serious.  I'd be fine with it in the maplist (once you fix the issues I mentioned), but I think there are better candidates (such as routez and ub_rooftop).

Dirty_Taco

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
_
« Reply #21 on: February 04, 2006, 01:45:25 PM »
Post removed
« Last Edit: July 26, 2010, 12:57:47 AM by Dirty_Taco »

loial21

• Autococker
« Reply #22 on: February 04, 2006, 05:31:03 PM »
Any comment on this?

Let them have the maps they feel best suits them
?

What is the problem with this? Just curious. It seems only fair to allow clans to pick their own maps. Why stray from this? I just dont follow the logic. Its been done that way in the past to avoid arguments. If you dont like the map selection, dont play. Which again goes in to the post I wish Bain would give feedback on or allow me to post it.

-L

Crash

• PGP
« Reply #23 on: February 06, 2006, 01:20:29 PM »
jitspoe you obviously havent played a clan match on this map. I dont need to say anything else there. Also taco, you realize there are 4 ways to get into the flag room, not to mention each doorway is huge. You say you can just "spray" anyone in the middle, but I dont think you realize the luck you would need in order to just "spray" someone.

kthx bye

loial21

• Autococker
« Reply #24 on: February 06, 2006, 06:11:09 PM »
On pro paint, you can spray the entrances to the low middle and kill anyone
So? All maps have points in them in which you can simply camp and spray to cover flag. What makes this map any different?

P!nk

• Autococker
_
« Reply #25 on: February 06, 2006, 06:53:34 PM »
Post removed
« Last Edit: July 26, 2010, 02:44:33 AM by P!nk »

Crash

• PGP
« Reply #26 on: February 07, 2006, 01:46:56 PM »
wow , ok im going to say this as calmy as possible. How are you going to be looking DOWN at the ice AND behind you at middle. Explain this to me, by the way if anyone would like to go on vent and discuss any point of this map being un-balanced just feel free to ask. I will have a valid arguement for every point.  kthxbye

ZeroLegend

• VM-68
« Reply #27 on: February 07, 2006, 03:11:28 PM »
ok, This map sucks very very bad. Once you learn how to camp right its not very hard to defend. (as you do) Also its boring as excrement theres practically 2 ways to enter the base low and high. Both paths are boring to go down after a good 2 - 3 times. Also you said something about a soild selection of weapons.... you picked the 2 best spray weapons. ( adds to the boredom) I'd rather have some carbines and VMs then automags/cockers anyday.

loial21

• Autococker
« Reply #28 on: February 07, 2006, 06:56:14 PM »
Pink in all fairness cant both teams do this? Dont most teams end up camping anyway despite the map? I can point out that Midnight has the exact same problem. Camp base by flag swivel mouse left pointing to stairs down to flag and swivel mouse right a fraction and cover spawn areas. Almost all maps have these points built into them. My main arguement is to allow teams to pick there own maps, ones that fit thier own style of play. Again it should not matter what map your playing the better team always wins, right? RIGHT?

Zero.....BLAH !!!!! :)