Author Topic: Google Chrome and Forums Question  (Read 1566 times)

KnacK

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
Google Chrome and Forums Question
« on: February 10, 2009, 05:14:09 AM »
So I've noticed lately that the forum pages never really finish loading.  The icon in the tab is still going around and I get a message at the bottom of the browser window that says "waiting for cache...". I can still read and post just fine, it just never finishes loading.

Anyone else experience this?  Also, this is the only forum or web site that I seem to experience it with.

KI3S

• 68 Carbine
Re: Google Chrome and Forums Question
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2009, 05:55:18 AM »
Mine seems fine. :P

magalhaes

• Autococker
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2009, 07:33:19 AM »
Mine's fine too..

KnacK

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2009, 07:37:39 AM »
* KnacK will pull an Office Space on his pc later tonight......

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2009, 12:48:11 PM »
Does it feel good to be a Knackster?

KnacK

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2009, 12:49:16 PM »
lol

lilb990

• Autococker
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2009, 03:32:25 PM »
So I've noticed lately that the forum pages never really finish loading.  The icon in the tab is still going around and I get a message at the bottom of the browser window that says "waiting for cache...". I can still read and post just fine, it just never finishes loading.

Anyone else experience this?  Also, this is the only forum or web site that I seem to experience it with.

I've been having that problem as well knack it takes me sooo long to get on these forums for some odd reason, but i switched web browsers and still same problem...so you and me both. :)

KnacK

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2009, 07:42:54 PM »
Well come to find out it is a bug:

http://code.google.com/p/chromium/issues/detail?id=4769

Google just released a new version over the past few days to fix it.  I just have to download it now.

b00nlander

• Autococker
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2009, 04:45:07 PM »
thats not a google bug tho.  I just saw this happen a few days ago, I now notice it cnostantly. Another thing that I found was that the URL of the forum now always points to the index.php file, without the keys that point to the current topic/post I'm visiting.  Is that connected?  I can now only copy+paste forum links by actually clicking on the topic's/post's name, I found it easier to take it from the URL line :P

lilb990

• Autococker
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2009, 04:47:37 PM »
thats not a google bug tho.  I just saw this happen a few days ago, I now notice it cnostantly. Another thing that I found was that the URL of the forum now always points to the index.php file, without the keys that point to the current topic/post I'm visiting.  Is that connected?  I can now only copy+paste forum links by actually clicking on the topic's/post's name, I found it easier to take it from the URL line :P

I'm still having this problem lol i uninstalled it re-installed it and still it is bad. Can anyone help?