« on: February 01, 2006, 09:36:48 PM »
Post removed
« Last Edit: July 26, 2010, 12:58:11 AM by Dirty_Taco »

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
Re: Notes on PBCup's Feb 1st meeting, discuss here
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2006, 10:03:03 PM »
There are 3 entrances to each base in brainstorm (pipe, back path, and "main" path).  I don't disagree with the removal, but the reasoning is kind of strange.

Did you discuss routez at all?  I still think that would be a great map. It may look small, but due to its nature, there are never really any chokepoints, even on a crowded server, and people can't camp the bases because jailers can shoot them. :)

Dirty_Taco

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
_
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2006, 10:09:42 PM »
Post removed
« Last Edit: July 26, 2010, 12:58:09 AM by Dirty_Taco »

XtremeBain

• Autococker
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2006, 11:01:55 PM »
The problem with brainstorm is ground rush makes confrontations happen in the yellow mag/cocker spawn areas.  Where as pipes are generally equal so people attacking those meet up in the same area under neath the bridge.  Keep in mind that blue controls the bridge area almost the entire map(we're talking round-start wise).  The combination of these two factors causes strange/unbalanced gameplay in a strategical sense.
Also the back entrances are very different.  Yellow takes probably 12s while the blue backdoor can be done on the run.
Other wise I find the map really fun.  Open areas are great, and I'm really good at getting around the terrain, it's just too bad about the two problems I mentioned as it would be a great contribution to the list otherwise (well maybe except for the cliff walking ;)).

jailers can shoot them. :)
That is the main reason why I don't want it into the maplist.  The other being the jail escape.  Maps that have these two features are somethings that I like to leave in pub.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2006, 12:46:36 AM »
I would have expected the built in "wall hack" to be the biggest issue with brainstorm.

As for routez -- the jail escape works better in organized play.  In pubs, nobody ever makes effective use of it.  I think it's more than just a novelty feature.  It actually adds a lot of teamwork and strategy.  Also, the layout of the map is really well thought out and has gone through several weeks of beta testing and revisions.

Dirty_Taco

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
_
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2006, 05:18:50 PM »
Post removed
« Last Edit: July 26, 2010, 12:58:03 AM by Dirty_Taco »