Author Topic: Clean slate  (Read 20326 times)

atmays

• Autococker
Re: Clean slate
« Reply #60 on: April 07, 2009, 11:53:45 AM »
I'm getting out soon so don't you worry about that. You shouldn't just repeat what you read. Almost everyone in the committee plays, I am in [q] for example. Been actively playing this game for some time now. If you were around for more than 2 months you would know I usually don't make posts like that, but atmays was trying to make fun of people when he can't really talk. Thats all. I still like him.

Oh and I'm glad my last action in the committee was to vote no on your application for the next committee.

I dont remember me trying to make fun of anyone, and Im pretty sure I can handle you in a match, 100% sure of that. I did ask you to help me out, bout 4 years ago but you said 1 thing and disconnected, good I found people like Fitz, Olbaid, and Spook to help me a little. Honestly didnt know if you was boy or girl. I really didnt know who they are, I still dont. Thats not making fun of anyone.

lol @ this thread. People arguing who plays more, who's not newbie anymore, and whatnot.

If ya'll are sad the clan scene is dying, then do something about it other than whining on the forums. Look at all the players who only play in pubs, they'll ask to join a clan, and all you do is laugh at them. You're ruining the clan scene, not long ban penalties for hackers. If you really wanna help the clan scene, then pick up 1 or 2 new players when you have free time to train them. Make training clans that can learn alongside your clan and that can pick up a bunch of new players at a time to teach. Don't laugh at or down-talk 'newbies', discouraging them from ever joining the clan scene. The issue is with your egotistical clan records. What does your record matter anyways, if only 30 people are in the clan scene? It wouldn't hurt to lose a few matches if it means getting 3 or 4 new players into the clan scene at a time. So instead of trying to bring hackers back to the clans, why not make an actual effort to save clans and teach new players about the clan scene.

Take example of m7's and fl1p's training clans of InT and WsL. They took on many newbie's and trained them into the clan scene. The main reason they can't continue is because of time purposes. And for those who have all the time in the world: "the most active American player that is currently playing", why don't you try helping the clan scene grow? That's the problem here, barely anyone in clans put in effort to save the clan scene, and would rather complain that hackers getting long ban times is the only reason it is dying. WRONG!

I agree justin, 100% I probably can do more. I have uR.b always recruiting but people dont wanna be seen as newb so they dont join. Summit and I both have public vents, Im very open to showing anyone the little I know bout this game. I have trained new players and not so new. I am very open and I will help with anything I can help with, Ask Slicky, Phantom, Navyseal, Shockwave, Homing, NFA, Fitz, Promaster, I can go on and on. I have showed alot of players alot of things, and They are around till this day.

I know your post wasnt a direct attack, you was just saying in general, and I completely agree with you.

capo

• VM-68
« Reply #61 on: April 07, 2009, 12:06:24 PM »
IM HUR TO POST MAYNEEE.
YEA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm not going to go over everything but instead, i'll list what I feel is needed to be listed, mkay?

Anyways... I've recently retired from Dp because of the clan scene dieing. Would you want to match the same clans for a year straight? I think not. Its repetitive and boring IMO. List 4 ACTIVE american clans. I bet you couldn't if your life depended on it. And I'm not talking about the clans that are made in a week, and die the next.

Btw, nice post Jusu.

eMo

• VM-68
« Reply #62 on: April 07, 2009, 12:07:37 PM »
lol @ this thread. People arguing who plays more, who's not newbie anymore, and whatnot.

If ya'll are sad the clan scene is dying, then do something about it other than whining on the forums. Look at all the players who only play in pubs, they'll ask to join a clan, and all you do is laugh at them. You're ruining the clan scene, not long ban penalties for hackers. If you really wanna help the clan scene, then pick up 1 or 2 new players when you have free time to train them. Make training clans that can learn alongside your clan and that can pick up a bunch of new players at a time to teach. Don't laugh at or down-talk 'newbies', discouraging them from ever joining the clan scene. The issue is with your egotistical clan records. What does your record matter anyways, if only 30 people are in the clan scene? It wouldn't hurt to lose a few matches if it means getting 3 or 4 new players into the clan scene at a time. So instead of trying to bring hackers back to the clans, why not make an actual effort to save clans and teach new players about the clan scene.

Take example of m7's and fl1p's training clans of InT and WsL. They took on many newbie's and trained them into the clan scene. The main reason they can't continue is because of time purposes. And for those who have all the time in the world: "the most active American player that is currently playing", why don't you try helping the clan scene grow? That's the problem here, barely anyone in clans put in effort to save the clan scene, and would rather complain that hackers getting long ban times is the only reason it is dying. WRONG!

+1 said it perfectly

KI3S

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #63 on: April 07, 2009, 01:14:15 PM »
[3iob]
.Ij.
-uR-
[1311]
-s2k. (somewhat american)

All active. If each of these clans took the time to train and play with say 3 people from the pub scene, thats potentially 15 people that later on could be an asset to our community. Play with them, teach them the matching scene, teach them to stick with one clan. Eventually these people are gonna learn, and these people are  going to be the ones who make this game more active. Those people are going to get others involved, it just takes time. This game won't improve by giving the banned a clean slate. There's plenty of people joining this game every day, they just need to get involved with the community. For all the people complaining how dead this game is: instead of pubbing and laughing at the newbies, why not spend the time helping them. I recognize that -uR- has made some attempt, but has [3iob] .Ij. [1311] and -s2k. made an attempt? Some clans are too worried about being the best, and care too much about there record. The people in the pub scene want to get involved, but how can they if the people in this community won't stretch a hand to help them. Don't wait for them to come to you, because they wont. And sorry you don't know me atmays but I've been here, and I've been trying to help this community.

chris123

• VM-68
« Reply #64 on: April 07, 2009, 01:22:04 PM »
lol umm no u get banned you stay banned teach them not to hack :D

Clipz

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #65 on: April 07, 2009, 01:28:57 PM »
This thread should have been locked a while ago. Your guys points are pathetic you cheated get over it enjoy your ban. If I were jitspoe i would not only ban you from the game but the forums too. It should be a complete ban from the community.

FluKe

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #66 on: April 07, 2009, 01:33:01 PM »
Can someone lock this is going no where.

nothing been done lets see what jitspoe got to say  if he post..

Clipz

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #67 on: April 07, 2009, 01:35:34 PM »
He probably thinks this topic is stupid just like everyone else who isn't banned.

Dirty_Taco

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #68 on: April 07, 2009, 01:43:59 PM »
5 years ago 10x more people played this then it is played today. those who think dp is growing are complete morons.

How would you know that if you weren't around 5 years ago?

FluKe

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #69 on: April 07, 2009, 02:22:48 PM »
[3iob]
.Ij.
-uR-
[1311]

[MiLi]

[sQ]

KI3S

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #70 on: April 07, 2009, 02:30:49 PM »

[MiLi]

And I'm not talking about the clans that are made in a week, and die the next.

FluKe

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #71 on: April 07, 2009, 02:32:06 PM »
Mili dies in a week not going to happen

capo

• VM-68
« Reply #72 on: April 07, 2009, 02:40:36 PM »
Mili dies in a week not going to happen

Nick, you've made like... 6 clans in  the last year... which equals what... 4 months?

Ki3s, I'm talking about ACTIVE. Was talking to reaver earlier, he said 3iob has matched like... once or twice in the last month. s2k? I think they're active but not quite sure. uR is active. Ij is active. 1311 is somewhat active. So ok, 4 active clans :P.

But before that there was more than 4 active clans. What I'm basically saying is, I'm tired of seeing people make new clans and then leaving them. That's what's killing this game, Hoppers.

atmays

• Autococker
« Reply #73 on: April 07, 2009, 03:59:38 PM »
[3iob]
.Ij.
-uR-
[1311]

All active. If each of these clans took the time to train and play with say 3 people from the pub scene, thats potentially 15 people that later on could be an asset to our community. Play with them, teach them the matching scene, teach them to stick with one clan. Eventually these people are gonna learn, and these people are  going to be the ones who make this game more active. Those people are going to get others involved, it just takes time. This game won't improve by giving the banned a clean slate. There's plenty of people joining this game every day, they just need to get involved with the community. For all the people complaining how dead this game is: instead of pubbing and laughing at the newbies, why not spend the time helping them. I recognize that -uR- has made some attempt, but has [3iob] .Ij. [1311] and -s2k. made an attempt? Some clans are too worried about being the best, and care too much about there record. The people in the pub scene want to get involved, but how can they if the people in this community won't stretch a hand to help them. Don't wait for them to come to you, because they wont. And sorry you don't know me atmays but I've been here, and I've been trying to help this community.

I agree with everything you have said.

And I didnt mean to sound negative when I said I dont know you. I said taht meaning I cant base judgement or use anything I see in these forums to Judge you. If that made any sense (sure bix or DT will let me know).

Homing have been playing for 5 years maybe longer, and Clipz IF you are refering to him trying to get past HIS ban, then hopefully you would notice that hes not banned, not sure if thats what you was saying though.

-uR.b- still is recruiting all the new guys I get into the clan leave cause will rather join a 1 week clan that doesnt have .b at the end of its tag.

Fuzz Ball

• VM-68
« Reply #74 on: April 07, 2009, 05:57:57 PM »
This thread should have been locked a while ago. Your guys points are pathetic you cheated get over it enjoy your ban. If I were jitspoe i would not only ban you from the game but the forums too. It should be a complete ban from the community.

Well it's definitely gotten somewhere. I know, you didn't READ the previous posts... it's definitely gotten somewhere.
It's just now going more into a clan talk.

And agreeing with all you guys, mainly Justinph5. Whining and saying its dying on the forums doesn't generally get more people. It's doing something that brings more people in.

If I was a newbie (probably am) and you guys wanted more people in your clan, I'd try to join up. Only the fact you seemingly hate newbies. So do you expect some uber-pro players to come from nowhere and join up? I don't think so...

Dirty_Taco

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #75 on: April 07, 2009, 06:01:26 PM »
Homing have been playing for 5 years maybe longer, and Clipz IF you are refering to him trying to get past HIS ban, then hopefully you would notice that hes not banned, not sure if thats what you was saying though.

The first time I ever heard of Homing was when he was caught aimbotting and tried his best to deny it using the standard defenses

1.) it was recon (on a map with clear walls)
2.) claiming other people were aimbotting, not him
3.) Not giving up demos for fear of 'techniques' being stolen (on blitz.bsp of course)

That was not very long ago.

KI3S

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #76 on: April 07, 2009, 07:47:00 PM »

Ki3s, I'm talking about ACTIVE. Was talking to reaver earlier, he said 3iob has matched like... once or twice in the last month. s2k? I think they're active but not quite sure. uR is active. Ij is active. 1311 is somewhat active. So ok, 4 active clans :P.

Well s2k is mostly on at night. I know what you mean though, because there should be more then 4 active clans.

-uR.b- still is recruiting all the new guys I get into the clan leave cause will rather join a 1 week clan that doesnt have .b at the end of its tag.

I mean you could always try other things. The tag for a -uR- training clan doesn't have to have a b in it. I mean if the only thing keeping people from joining is because of the tag, heck you could name it something totally different and just say its the official uR training clan.

atmays

• Autococker
« Reply #77 on: April 08, 2009, 06:20:34 AM »
The first time I ever heard of Homing was when he was caught aimbotting and tried his best to deny it using the standard defenses

1.) it was recon (on a map with clear walls)
2.) claiming other people were aimbotting, not him
3.) Not giving up demos for fear of 'techniques' being stolen (on blitz.bsp of course)

That was not very long ago.

Play More

Clipz

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #78 on: April 08, 2009, 06:49:40 AM »
Play More

Why play more when we can beat you guys with ease even if we don't play alot.