Author Topic: NewMap - Chilly Inprogress  (Read 7074 times)

_burnt

• Autococker
Re: NewMap - Chilly Inprogress
« Reply #20 on: April 10, 2009, 02:07:50 PM »
But the extension like alpha or beta. You know it.

Map must be named chilly_b1 and put to the "inprogress" folder in order to watch the demo.

But the map looked pretty good. Seemed to work fine. But try to make more bumbs there, even without a meaning, just that the grond come uneven. The big round bounce was cool.

RoBbIe

• Autococker
« Reply #21 on: April 10, 2009, 02:41:36 PM »
lol thanks i like the grab jump myself

Spook

• Autococker
« Reply #22 on: April 10, 2009, 06:15:54 PM »
I must say, at least every map you do gets a little bit better. Things you need to work on.

Misaligned textures, a lot of them actually -

Need to rotate every radder lung and ramp so the wood grain goes along the longest part of the wood.

Your wall textures are misaligned in a lot of spots.

Other than that, I can start screenshotting things that are wrong.

ip0d

• VM-68
« Reply #23 on: April 13, 2009, 09:39:30 PM »
i like it except i cant get out of the house thats high

RoBbIe

• Autococker
« Reply #24 on: April 14, 2009, 04:38:35 AM »
you got to crouch , I will fix that

abnormal

• Autococker
« Reply #25 on: April 14, 2009, 07:03:31 AM »
here is a demo of the maps base and entrance with most of the jump and camping spots and just a trailer to show you what i have gotten finished so far.

also i know that the map is to bright put ill work on that after mid and other base is complete... and i used my brothers name because i didnt feel like changing it just to make this demo.

To run this demo make a folder "inprogress" in your map directory. Copy there "chilly_alpha_b1.bsp" and rename it as "chilly_b1.bsp". Then just paste the .dm2 file in demos directory and run it in Paintball2..

I have a one question to the map.. Will be there a normal backdoor way or will it be made like is it now? Its made like a secret room.

ip0d

• VM-68
« Reply #26 on: April 14, 2009, 07:51:32 AM »
robbie do u make one half of the map then copy it some how then just change differnt team color textres?
« Last Edit: April 14, 2009, 02:31:33 PM by ip0d »

RoBbIe

• Autococker
« Reply #27 on: April 14, 2009, 01:07:07 PM »
To run this demo make a folder "inprogress" in your map directory. Copy there "chilly_alpha_b1.bsp" and rename it as "chilly_b1.bsp". Then just paste the .dm2 file in demos directory and run it in Paintball2..

I have a one question to the map.. Will be there a normal backdoor way or will it be made like is it now? Its made like a secret room.

Ill prob add more ways then there already is i wasnt able to get on alot this week so map is still same

robbie do u make one of the map then copy it some how then just change differnt team color textres?

Sometimes

RoBbIe

• Autococker
« Reply #28 on: June 01, 2009, 10:14:43 AM »
Well, people been asking me if i finished this, the answer is no. I have had my computer crash, so i lost everything along with bsp and the map files, So if anyone could decompile it. They can give .map to me or work on it themselves. I haven't redownloaded bsp yet so if you could finish it yourself it would be nice, it is almost done besides a middle, So have fun mapping if you wanna do this

Henkka

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #29 on: June 01, 2009, 12:47:01 PM »
Horrible map

MyeRs

• Autococker
« Reply #30 on: June 01, 2009, 03:29:39 PM »
Your nice.

Robbie just start a new map and release it once it's worth it. Make a map that you think will be used, instead of the maps you've released that will never get used.