Author Topic: 1 on 1 Ladder Maplist Modifications Wed. Feb 1st  (Read 2950 times)

XtremeBain

• Autococker
1 on 1 Ladder Maplist Modifications Wed. Feb 1st
« on: January 28, 2006, 02:14:51 PM »
As the topic suggests there will be a change in the 1 on 1 ladder maplist happening Wednesday(most likely evening in North America).  I know there are a few obvious maps missing from the list right now, but I would just like to open the floor to map add/remove suggestions.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2006, 05:15:15 AM by XtremeBain »

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker

XtremeBain

• Autococker
Re: Sticky: 1 on 1 Ladder Maplist Modifications Wed. Feb 1st
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2006, 03:40:27 PM »
I wanted to make it a little more official, so I'll recap your previous thread.
(These are in no way final, just open to consideration by the organizational committee at this point)

Add:
snip_pb1
midnight
warehouse
ksplat1
pgp
skylit
advpg
coaster
combat
ncr8s
skate
creek
moonlit3r1
picasso
antioch
arenaball
sandtrap
superball

Remove:
None

Now the biggest concern I have for a few of these maps is that fair spawns and weapons must be maintained.  This has always been a concern of mine when it comes to competitive play.

Also I think that midnight falls into the same pile as jump and pforest when it comes to gameplay.  This is due to the inability to travel between paths (well you can.. just getting from bottom to top is tricky, and leaves you pretty vulnerable) as well the shots between the ground and upper levels are very easily avoidable and especially hard to make.  Maps this size can be placed in the 1 on 1 ladder list, but need to be carefully selected.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2006, 05:12:17 PM by XtremeBain »

SkateR

• Autococker
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2006, 04:03:34 PM »
Not picasso, too big of a map

Not anitoch for 1v1...

No minlit3r1...

I dont think those maps should be added, they dont seem to be great 1v1 maps IMO

digi

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2006, 05:05:08 PM »
arenaball
sandtrap
superball

P!nk

• Autococker
_
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2006, 05:12:21 PM »
Post removed
« Last Edit: July 26, 2010, 02:46:54 AM by P!nk »

Blitz

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2006, 06:16:55 PM »
crates is a good 1 vs. 1 map.. as long as there's not a silly .ent...

Dirty_Taco

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
_
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2006, 07:01:06 PM »
Post removed
« Last Edit: July 26, 2010, 12:58:58 AM by Dirty_Taco »

digi

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2006, 03:25:47 AM »
What about the original antioch, without the two side paths, that would turn it into a one pather...probably more acceptable size-wise.

Would I be owned if I were to mention crates, seeing as it used to be my favorite map in the whole world? Though I still love crates in general.

Actually, the antioch with 2 paths would be a nice size for 1v1, since most of the battles happen in mid anyways. The tunnels would just make for some nice caps, making things more interesting. The one path antioch gets boring after 2min. Definately a worse choice to add. =p

I was gonna say to put crates aswell. It's not a 'good' map, but it's actually quite fun to 1v1 in, in small doses of course. ;)

XtremeBain

• Autococker
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2006, 11:11:30 PM »
Alright, I have gone through the suggestions and have selected the following maps to be added to the 1on1 rotation:
advpg
combat
jakesmistake
marbleforest
moonlit
skylit
snip_pb1

There isn't a very strict criteria in terms of maps which are deemed appropriate for 1on1 ladder play but I'll discuss it here so that we can make adjustments to some of the maps so that they can be added into the rotation.

- Maps must contain fair equipment in base.  Random equipment can sometimes create unfair/unbalanced gameplay from map to map.  For a map to be suitable it must have identical equipment on both sides.
- Spawns need to be facing in the same direction for both teams.  If Red spawns with their back to the entrance, so does Blue.
- There must not be huge advantages for either team in terms of layout and map structure.

Here are some maps that need some equipment fairness adjustments:
arenaball (we really only need some barrels here)
blitz
desertnight
eastwoods
ksplat1
midnight
mnightrun
ncr8s
sandtrap
superball
warehouse
crates
kingdomcliffs

A couple maps which needs either team to have their spawns rotated are:
crates
kingdomcliffs

If anyone would like to create supplemental .ents to resolve these issues can do so and pass them to myself or any of the PBCup admins found in #pbcup on irc.enterthegame.com

Any .ent help would be greatly appreciated :)

Also feel free to post any more map suggestions here as well.

Dirty_Taco

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
_
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2006, 03:33:45 AM »
Post removed
« Last Edit: July 26, 2010, 12:57:55 AM by Dirty_Taco »

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2006, 12:20:25 PM »
arenaball (we really only need some barrels here)
I think you should leave it -- you have to get a little more up close and personal without barrel enhancements, and it actually allows the bunkers to provide cover (with barrels, it'd be too easy to shoot people through the windows).  Not that people would be using that much, but it provides a little variety in the game play -- perhaps opens up some different strategies.  If people don't like that, they can choose a different map.