Author Topic: A Warning to Cheaters (Repent, Ye Sinners!)  (Read 5970 times)

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
A Warning to Cheaters (Repent, Ye Sinners!)
« on: February 17, 2006, 08:57:38 PM »
The release of build 16 is approaching, and with it, the  global ban list.  Once all of the servers have been updated, any person added to the global ban list will not be able to play Paintball2 online, period.

How will we determine who gets put on the global ban list?  It's pretty simple.  I suggest taking a look at this thread: http://dpball.com/forums/index.php?topic=1578.40 .  Pretty much every cheat that I've been made aware of, and even some that I haven't, is detected.  Use one of these on a public server, and you will be banned, regardless of circumstances.  Let me state that again, in bold capital letters:

IF YOU USE A CHEAT ON A PUBLIC SERVER, YOU WILL BE ADDED TO THE GLOBAL BAN LIST AND WILL NO LONGER BE ABLE TO PLAY PAINTBALL 2 ONLINE.  I'm going to keep this simple and straightforward.  No grey areas.  No excuses.  I don't care if you were "just testing" or "just having fun with a friend" or "somebody else installed it on your computer."  If you get caught, you get banned.  Simple as that.  I would highly advise anybody with cheats installed on their system, for whatever reason, to remove them now in order to prevent any "accidental" usage.

You may have noticed that I haven't done much in the way of actively accusing players of cheating, even though I have a list of people who have used cheats online for the past year or so.  Don't take that to mean you weren't detected.  My focus here is not to destroy the credibility of players or the reputation of clans.  It is merely to abolish cheating.  As such, and since I'm probably nicer than I should be, you all have a clean slate as of today.

I can't always determine the circumstances under which a cheat was used, only that one was used.  That's why I'm making it clear now that you should not be using any cheats, ever, if you want to continue to play.  This is your warning.  Be sure to alert your friends and clan members as well.  Those of you who have gotten away with cheating in the past (you know who you are, and I probably do, too), consider yourselves lucky.  Don't press your luck any further.

I will not be honoring any requests to see if yourself or any other individual is on the detected list, so don't ask.  Detected players in the future will simply be added to the global ban list.