Author Topic: Recent 1on1 match forfeits  (Read 1721 times)

XtremeBain

• Autococker
Recent 1on1 match forfeits
« on: February 11, 2006, 03:06:18 PM »
Hey, I was wondering if there's any reason behind all of the recent 1on1 match resets?  Are results not appearing for certain servers?  Are the results taking too long to update(they take a max. 10minutes currently) or is it because players are quitting the server too soon on the last map and as result the scores aren't appearing for the reports.

The forfeit match feature shouldn't be used if people are too lazy to go through the report match form.

If people are finding that their (losing) opponents are leaving the server too quickly they can wait the 2 minutes for the map to auto-change(can someone please verify this for me) or manually change the map to something else so that the scores get updated properly.

Maybe jitspoe can change the behavior of the servers to not lose the score info(it typically resets to 0-0) when both teams leave the server.  There has been a lot of problems with people leaving the server with 1-10s left in the match and the results not coming through to the website.

As always I'm pretty open to suggestions to make the 1on1 ladder better, be it new maps, removing maps or even changing the rules.

Also, I hope everyone like's Brian(nXe)'s modifications to the Server Browser.  It's a lot more user-friendly now :).  Thanks Brian!

b00nlander

• Autococker
Re: Recent 1on1 match forfeits
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2006, 03:18:10 PM »
well, I know of 2 matches that have been played, but people had to leave during one of the maps.  So it doesnt necessarily mean anything bad... although people shouldnt schedule matches when they dont have enough time...
On the other hand, I still think that the "winners" shouldnt gain points from a forfeit :) I hope this will be implemented no later than after the first ladder reset *gg*

Excalibur

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2006, 09:58:25 PM »
if its a problem. people are leaving your matches soon i say take a screen shot once a min or so. then you can look at the game time left and see what the score was when he left. or even just record a demo. I'm not all tech lit but if you are not getting the scores because someone left you can put the score in that it was then put the screen shot in as proof.

XtremeBain

• Autococker
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2006, 10:55:29 PM »
Thanks for your input, Excalibur.  Demos and screenshots are being taken, but the way the website works is 10mins after your match you sign in and it shows all the matches that have been played on the server.  If they quit early, the scores get whiped and they can't report the match normally.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2006, 05:49:01 AM »
You're determining the scores from the demo, right?  Can't you just keep track of when the scores change and if they change to 0, ignore it, saving the last positive score?

XtremeBain

• Autococker
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2006, 07:56:53 AM »
Scores are determined from the stdlogs.  Server is parsing them from each server and sending them over to a database every 10 minutes.  If players leave early the map usually hangs in an unfinished state at 0-0.
The demos are required to be uploaded to curb cheating and provide proof of match results.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2006, 03:13:55 PM »
Is there something I could add to the stdlogs to help this issue, then?