Author Topic: xMapCom Entry: Lands of Grief and Regret -Final Release-  (Read 11106 times)

_burnt

• Autococker
Re: xMapCom Entry: Lands of Grief and Regret
« Reply #20 on: August 23, 2009, 04:34:40 AM »
Or you can put them on the same team.

How?

The light in the mid is a bit dark, but oh well, maybe it can be brighter.... The tunnel path isn't clumsy, if you know how to go (not that hard :P) We'll think about the rest too.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #21 on: August 24, 2009, 12:03:22 AM »
How?
I think you can just add something like "team" "1" to all of the door entities you want to move together.

The light in the mid is a bit dark, but oh well, maybe it can be brighter.... The tunnel path isn't clumsy, if you know how to go (not that hard :P) We'll think about the rest too.
So... say I'm playing the game for the first time and the server was running this map.  How would I know how to go?

blaa

• Autococker
« Reply #22 on: August 24, 2009, 01:11:49 AM »
I think you can just add something like "team" "1" to all of the door entities you want to move together.
So... say I'm playing the game for the first time and the server was running this map.  How would I know how to go?

People get lost in maps like shazam and airtime as well.

musickid999

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #23 on: August 24, 2009, 04:09:54 AM »
But both shazam and airtime are pretty wide open maps, and they're both really straightforward, especially airtime.

_burnt

• Autococker
« Reply #24 on: August 24, 2009, 10:33:19 AM »

You take the other route? Really, this map is designed so, that newer players can go along the rhythm of the map and it also offers level of difficulty to more experienced players. It doesn't have any crazy speed-super-trick åath that is fastest, but if you happen to know few jumps, you get slight advantage.

I think i can think well from new players side, because it wasn't too long ago when i was one.

blaa

• Autococker
« Reply #25 on: August 26, 2009, 12:44:27 AM »
But both shazam and airtime are pretty wide open maps, and they're both really straightforward, especially airtime.

What I meant with that was that even though shazam and airtime are the easiest maps to learn in dp, there are still people who get lost in such maps. Its all matter of time. There will always be people who won't take their time and won't learn good maps, with decent routes, with decent looks, etc, and waste their time playing only shock.

_burnt

• Autococker
« Reply #26 on: August 26, 2009, 12:33:44 PM »
Ok, i pushed out b3. I made mid more bright, it should be a lot better. Sorry if i didn't do everything you asked, i forgot it or didn't have time to do it. I also took some play testing, some people seemed to like it a lot and some weren't too exited. Campers didn't really spoil it, there were few camping. Low mid was horrible because of its orange lighting, but i added few different light sources so it isn't that red/orange anymore (so you can see purple from red better and vise versa)

http://maps.digitalpaint.therisenrealm.com/map/lands/

T3RR0R15T

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #27 on: August 26, 2009, 01:04:48 PM »
Online.

Found something:

musickid999

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #28 on: August 28, 2009, 08:07:34 PM »
Confirmed entry in contest.

3lf

• Map Committee
  • VM-68
« Reply #29 on: September 17, 2009, 09:09:16 AM »
look's great it must be big

_burnt

• Autococker
« Reply #30 on: September 26, 2009, 04:02:21 AM »
Okay, this map is almost ready for me, so i could give this a week and then release the final one. Thou if you have any bigger suggestions and so on, i can make another beta.

MOFO

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #31 on: September 26, 2009, 12:15:03 PM »
looks a little dark but its good

_burnt

• Autococker
« Reply #32 on: October 03, 2009, 12:15:39 PM »

T3RR0R15T

• Map Committee
  • Autococker