Author Topic: Edit: Overheating or Graphics card?  (Read 14545 times)

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
Re: Edit: Overheating or Graphics card?
« Reply #80 on: April 19, 2009, 02:01:12 PM »
You might try enabling vsync (gl_swapinterval 1) so the graphics card isn't wasting cycles rendering things that never get displayed.  You could also try cl_sleep 1 if it's your CPU overheating.

ViciouZ

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #81 on: April 19, 2009, 02:21:34 PM »
Have you tried a fresh install on this PC? (uninstall and delete c:\games\paintball2 before installing again)

KI3S

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #82 on: April 22, 2009, 05:04:31 PM »
gl_swapinterval 1 didn't seem to help.

Blah if I did a fresh install I'd have to type in all those commands to get the lag off. Lol let me try posting some demo's of this computer in a pub and on a match server playing to show where it laggs on some maps and when it freezes. Before I do a fresh install :)

EDIT: Did a netgraph and heres the one thing I saw but pretty much everything else was fine.

« Last Edit: April 22, 2009, 06:44:31 PM by KI3S »

KI3S

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #83 on: April 22, 2009, 06:41:09 PM »
Heres the test demo's and some description about them.

Pub_test1: Well demo ends when I die. You should obviously be able to notice the lag on certain parts of the map.

Server_test1: Notice how it lags alot then when he comes in it seems to kind of go away. Also at the end of the demo it shuts off but I killed him then it froze (doesnt show me kill him)

Server_test2&3: Notice how it lags at certain spots. Especially the cat part from fd to flag, then the rest of the cat seems not to lag.

Sorry for all the parts of me going idle but please watch the demo's until it stops. :)