Author Topic: Putt-Putt's Map-----smallmap-b1  (Read 6084 times)

_burnt

• Autococker
Re: Putt-Putt's Map-----smallmap-b1
« Reply #20 on: June 22, 2009, 08:34:07 AM »
i think i got my version off the otb server (ftp for direct). otherwise just use dpget, should be on there.

I got mine too from there, but it isn't like in the picture:(

you miss the point. im not trying to persuade people into making "bad" maps. its that whats good (or bad) to you is not necessarily the same for everyone else. too many maps have become repetive in structure/play etc. its time to look at some new concepts.

I know what is an opinion :P And my opinion is that, that box maps like shock, blitz etc. aren't good nor fun. So i say my point of view how to improve the map and other people can say theirs :) I liked that map from that other new mapper with towers and excrement, but i don't know if i commented it or not :/

too many maps have become repetive in structure/play etc. its time to look at some new concepts.

I agree 100%, but when a mapper makes a map with extaordinary layout/gameplay, majority of people doesn't like it, even if the map is a good one. I tried to create some different style with Lost (didn't succed too well :P) and when people play it, most of them say, that they don't like the style/gameplay/layout.

musickid999

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #21 on: June 22, 2009, 06:42:49 PM »
I did the same thing with DodgeBrawl, by putting a spawn point on the other team's side to prevent camping. Didn't work out so well either, most people just ended up complaining about the messed up spawnpoints.

_burnt

• Autococker
« Reply #22 on: June 23, 2009, 01:57:50 AM »
I did the same thing with DodgeBrawl, by putting a spawn point on the other team's side to prevent camping. Didn't work out so well either, most people just ended up complaining about the messed up spawnpoints.

I think it's nice idea, but this isn't same kind of case. You could grab, spam some kills, but capping would be impossible, or atleast really hard.

musickid999

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #23 on: June 23, 2009, 08:12:41 AM »
Well, I meant the case that some mappers try to find new ways to solve problems, but most people in the community don't seem to like it. They're too used to the same old pub maps with same old gameplay.

And to give this map some feedback, it IS possible to cap, because Putt Putt capped on a few of us while we were playing in a pub. LMAO (I almost cried) Then again, he was the only one who knew how to get the white flag.

But besides that, it's more of an elimination map.

Pajama-Sam

• Stingray
« Reply #24 on: June 24, 2009, 02:05:40 PM »
Well, I meant the case that some mappers try to find new ways to solve problems, but most people in the community don't seem to like it. They're too used to the same old pub maps with same old gameplay.

And to give this map some feedback, it IS possible to cap, because Putt Putt capped on a few of us while we were playing in a pub. LMAO (I almost cried) Then again, he was the only one who knew how to get the white flag.

But besides that, it's more of an elimination map.

THANK YOU LORDY!!! SOME ONE POSTED SOMETHING POSSITIVE WITH A FEW HELPFUL HINTS INSTEAD OF CRITICIZING IT TO WHERE YOU MAKE MY MAP SOUND LIKE A PIECE OF CRAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!