Author Topic: Microsoft Outlook question.  (Read 1860 times)

lilb990

• Autococker
Microsoft Outlook question.
« on: May 02, 2009, 01:29:57 PM »
How can i configure Microsoft Outlook so i can have my yahoo on it?

Justinph5

• Autococker
Re: Microsoft Outlook question.
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2009, 01:45:58 PM »
technically you can't without buying yahoo's Premium account. There is a way around it with http://ypopsemail.com/ but I haven't used it in years.

Be aware that sending Yahoo mail to Outlook, it takes all the email you get and puts them onto your computers' outlook. You can then no longer access those emails from other computers connected to the internet. Which is why I keep all my emails web based emails. So I'm able to grab my emails from work or school in case I ever need them.

lilb990

• Autococker
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2009, 01:47:27 PM »
I rather not go to that website something just popped up saying it contained Malware and i just got my comp fixed hahah

Justinph5

• Autococker
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2009, 01:54:17 PM »
I've used Yahoo Mail for at least 8 years without any harm to my computers. If anything its the ads on the page that are showing up as adware. You can always get plug-ins to block the ads. The well known one for firefox is Adblock Plus.

Justinph5

• Autococker
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2009, 01:58:52 PM »
Oh, and there are internet pop-ups about viruses and malware and theres a button to click to "scan"...    If it was an internet window that did that, it is spam, and it doesn't mean anything is on your computer. (except for spyware if you clicked it)

People I know who are ignorant with computers are always tricked by those "alert" pop-ups and think they are real. To clean up anything that comes from that just use these: http://www.lavasoft.com/ and http://www.safer-networking.org/en/index.html   :P

Henrod

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2009, 12:48:38 PM »
Don't use outlook. Webbased email is the best solution. Gmail does email smarter than anyone. I have my calendar and email all synchronized with Gmail and my Iphone and it all works flawlessly. Gmail is godly.

Eiii

• Autococker
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2009, 10:25:44 PM »
technically you can't without buying yahoo's Premium account.

Heh, only being allowed to access your mail on Yahoo's terms is a darn good reason to just drop it and switch to another email provider. I mean, you can route POP3 into gmail and stuff, then IMAP into gmail to download your mails.

Yay gmail! :D

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2009, 10:41:55 PM »
Let's see what the magic 8-ball has to say.

"Outlook not so good."

Hm...

lilb990

• Autococker
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2009, 02:14:33 PM »
Yeah i'll just stick with web based e-mail thanks for the replys!