Author Topic: New Map: The Roanoak Excavation Site - Deranged  (Read 9616 times)

Deranged

• 68 Carbine
Re: New Map: The Roanoak Excavation Site - Deranged
« Reply #40 on: March 04, 2008, 06:56:55 AM »
I should put that somewhere in the map

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
Re: New Map: The Roanoak Excavation Site - Deranged
« Reply #41 on: August 04, 2009, 10:48:00 PM »
You planning to do any more work on this?  I played it on the beta server, and it was kind of fun, but it suffers from the recent mapping trends I ranted about.  There are two flags practically right next to each other, and it's super quick to get from the first to second if you trick jump up the barrels, but new players are forced to take some long, obscure tunnel that would give a skilled player enough time to get all the way across the map.  There are several other short paths to the second flag that also require trick jumps.  The ladder jump, for example, is completely unnecessary.  Why not just make the ladder go all the way?

The second flag was useful when one guy kept sitting in the same spot in the base every round, so I'd just sneak in one of the back (trick jump required) paths and run off with just the second flag, but it was kind of unbalanced/less fun in that almost none of the other players could reach that flag quickly.  A number of the paths could stand to be streamlined or removed as they weren't very useful, and a lot of textures need alignment (barrels, especially).  The base would probably need a complete redesign to play well with a single flag.