Author Topic: Training of mapping: Old remake of Call of duty.  (Read 3772 times)

Sawy

• VM-68
Training of mapping: Old remake of Call of duty.
« on: June 29, 2009, 01:34:27 PM »
yop,

I was watching my .map files, when i found my old remake of my old map call of duty.

Well,first,  r_speeds are really really high, this is one of the reason i'm not able to end it and give an download link. Yeah, maps with horrible r_speeds shouldn't be played. And i didn't get so many idea about how end it, where put the flag, and how make it really cool. This is the 2nd reason of why i won't end it. And i know that many peoples crash talked on my first map "Call of duty", i understand them, but this map was only created for Khan and me, to have fun. I didn't know when i did it than this map was going to be on some servers. So this is why this remake won't be over, i don't like to do "bad" maps.

So, yeah, why i post and write this? I thought i should post screens on forum, to show you how i made it, and because i like training to make maps. And if you could say if it looks cool, bad, realistic, or not, ect..

I'm not really sure you will understand what i mean, so sorry.

ps: I know that the textures are misaligned atm. When i made it, i didn't care so much about texture. I don't know why.

Screens:

Thanks for watching  ;)

zimtstern

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
Re: Training of mapping: Old remake of Call of duty.
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2009, 01:42:45 PM »
Stop posting screenshots of unfinished maps and finish your Satan/Devil map:)

Sawy

• VM-68
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2009, 01:53:11 PM »
Well, i gave my file map of "cradle of paintball" to cusoman because i can't convert it like a ".bsp". So if he can do it, i could end this map. (if he can do it, i just need to fix bug of texture and remove or add few things).

So atm, i'm training to make map, and trying to get new idea. And i posted this old map to watch if there is on it something cool or not^^

Gamabunta

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2009, 01:57:18 PM »
5th and 6th screen looks odd. Base area is kinda strange, maybe more slopes like base on moonlit2r1? But overall it's fine, way better than 1st cod.

zimtstern, I believe Sawy would have finished his map if he could.

magalhaes

• Autococker
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2009, 02:59:14 PM »
1st cod was better.  <---LOOL  :)

TRAITORS MAP ALERT

TRAITORS MAP ALERT

T3RR0R15T

• Autococker
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2009, 03:00:54 PM »
Fix the leak pls.