Author Topic: Bz caught hacking  (Read 6890 times)

oddjob

• VM-68
Bz caught hacking
« on: March 07, 2006, 06:29:36 PM »
I was on the GT server a few mins ago and recorded a sweet demo of a guy named Bz hacking, fortunatly Sandman was in the server and banned him but not before I recorded about 2 min worth. He might not have been wallhacking but I definatly think he was using that Frq2 thing. Anyways see for yourself. Here is the link:

http://development.gmtt.co.uk/imagehost/oddjobmatch/cheaterBz.dm2

Sandman

• PGP
Re: Bz caught hacking
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2006, 06:34:58 PM »
He was definitely using something he was glowing like a Xmas tree...His ip is 68.206.180.229

loial21

• Autococker
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2006, 07:05:25 PM »
ALL,
Just an FYI I have no solid proof.

Sandman, he was playing all last night with that dam gl_modulate cranked way the f up. I dont know if he was cheating last night. But he asked me to join him in irc #tr or #tg or something like to help him with his q2 he was using build 0 which does not mean much. That I belive I have a screen shot of. If it helps it was around 10:30ish pm on Hillside.  Btw yes he was defently using something to cause me to lag with a 24 ping, I also had to restart my modem serveral times becuase of it, check logs. Once he left, not a freaking problem. Its also worth mentioning that [CC] 'o' connect serveral times and complained about his q2 not working right then leaving. I have screen shots I belive.

-L

Eiii

• Autococker
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2006, 07:13:36 PM »
You concider a ping of 24 lag? Or am I reading it wrong? Or, did you write it wrong?

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2006, 07:22:55 PM »
The glowing means he was using a high gl_modulate value.  This is more or less a built-in Q2 cheat that allows you to see in the dark.  It's been removed from the standalone version.  There are some other settings for this, but I can't remember what they are off hand as it was a long time ago they were implemented.  One of them forces a lower gl_modulate, and the other makes players glow, tints their screen yellow, and sends messages telling them to turn their gl_modulate down (basically levels the playing field - if they can see you in the dark, you can see them in the dark).

Glowing aside, though, there were several suspicious behaviors, such as shooting players right when they came through an opening, or running to a different location to cut them off.  Also, either he was stupid or he had some kind of auto-fire on because he was shooting at teammates, too.  Then there was the failed nocheat thing...

It would be nice if server admins would set sv_minclientbuild -- that at least cuts out the most basic Q2 cheats right off the bat, and the updated server will help detect/ban most of the rest.

loial21

• Autococker
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2006, 08:30:39 PM »
You concider a ping of 24 lag? Or am I reading it wrong? Or, did you write it wrong?
Read it wrong. I have a 19-30 ping. I never ever lag. Unless...

Smokey

• Autococker
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2006, 08:40:56 PM »
lol yeah thats frkq2. it has a no-cheat simulator.

sounds like how it was when i tried it

Blitz

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2006, 12:02:26 AM »
If it was a no-cheat simulator, it doesn't make sense that it would fail. Other than that, looks pretty suspicious.

postmortem

• Stingray
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2006, 12:27:07 AM »
haha yeah, olbaid and i both tried to connect through q2. we saw the dude glowing yellow and everyone just said it was because he was still using q2 to play. so we both tried. that a problem?

loial21

• Autococker
« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2006, 12:32:23 AM »
Yes. I wish it was not.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2006, 12:43:35 AM »
Edit: guess I already mentioned it, but the glowing is due to using q2 with a high gl_modulate.

Smokey

• Autococker
« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2006, 01:47:09 PM »
 "If it was a no-cheat simulator, it doesn't make sense that it would fail. Other than that, looks pretty suspicious."

yeah... fails all the time. Buggy ass excrement.... not really fooling anyone though.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2006, 12:06:44 AM »
Edit: cut out the huge log as it wasn't really necessary.  Basically he said he didn't cheat, and that he he downloaded paintball2 through quake2 and was playing with no textures.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2006, 12:56:14 AM by jitspoe »

XtremeBain

• Developer
  • Autococker
« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2006, 12:23:33 AM »
NoCheat verification fails if he is not using the grunt md2 from quake.
It sounds like he downloaded the player model from the server(which wouldn't be the grunt model) which would cause a FAILED NoCheat string.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2006, 12:45:19 AM »
I've unbanned him.  There's no conclusive evidence.  I wish server admins would set sv_minclientbuild so we wouldn't have these questionable Q2 clients.

twistdid

• VM-68
« Reply #15 on: March 18, 2006, 08:55:12 AM »
oddjob what was that thing you used while you were camming him. like when you switched people. a little screen came up and you could choose who to watch?