Author Topic: New Map: Mines of Wrath  (Read 5107 times)

RoBiNandL!nk

• Autococker
Re: New Map: Mines of Wrath
« Reply #20 on: July 19, 2009, 05:54:49 PM »
aww i thought he added more stuff like i asked..... BUT NOOO hes gotta be a geywod

MyeRs

• Autococker
« Reply #21 on: July 19, 2009, 06:31:42 PM »
Jitspoe: The reason your missing the jump is because your not in the right starting point. Also, theres more then 1 path to take, because you can do a reverse speed to 1, starting from 2. But i do agree that the jump is placed awkwardly. I find the map fun, but i think more filler is needed aswell as the low is awkward. Is the ice only ment for a fast path to 2? And your ment to just walk across low? Cause i can't seem to find any low speed. Overall the map is pretty fun and hopefully you make the next beta better :D

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #22 on: July 19, 2009, 11:07:27 PM »
Yeah, I noticed starting in the middle of the tunnel made the jump much easier.  Still, I saw about 10 people fail to make it when playing online.

I would be curious to try this map at 1/2 scale, though.

cusoman

• Autococker
« Reply #23 on: July 20, 2009, 04:39:12 PM »
Well, Rimini and I had a beta 2 prepared, but I think I'm going to work on it a little more to accommodate a few of the gameplay complaints.  Hook me up with that 1/2 scale script ^^ I would be willing to test this privately with Rimini to see if it is feasible :)

-Cusoman

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #24 on: July 20, 2009, 11:18:10 PM »
Wow, surprised I was able to find this.  It's how I made bigarenaball.  Do you have perl?

Code: [Select]
#!/usr/bin/perl
$mapfile = "arenaball.map";
$newmapfile = "bigarenaball2.map";
$scale = 3;

open(FILE,$mapfile);
@stuff = <FILE>;
close(FILE);
foreach $line (@stuff) {
# chop($line);
# @words = split(/ /,$line);
# $finalprint="";
# foreach $word (@words) {
# if ($word != 0) {
# $word *= $scale;
# }
# #print "$word ";
# $finalprint = "$finalprint$word ";
# }
# chop ($finalprint);
# print "$finalprint\n";
$line =~ s~\"origin\" \"(.+?) (.+?) (.+?)\"~qq^"origin" "^ . &scale($1) . " " . &scale($2) . " " . &scale($3) . q^"^~eg;
$line =~ s/\(\ +?(.+?)\ +?(.+?)\ +?(.+?)\ +?\)/q^( ^ . &scale($1) . " " .  &scale($2) . " " . &scale($3) . q^ )^/ge;
$line =~ s~pball/(.+?)\ +?(.+?)\ +?(.+?)\ +?(.+?)\ +?(.+?)\ +?(.+?)\ +?(.+?)\ +?(.+?)\ +?(.+?)~q^pball/^.$1." ".&scale($2)." ".&scale($3)." ".$4." ".&scale($5)." ".&scale($6)." ".$7." ".$8." ".$9~eg;
print $line;
}

sub scale {
$scale * $_[0];
}

UDead

• Autococker
« Reply #25 on: August 14, 2009, 12:08:52 PM »
good map, this map if fun to play. play it a lot in 3 inches of superman pub server. the gmae play to me is great no lags. keep it up.