Author Topic: Problem with DP not resuming successfully after alt+tabbing out  (Read 2526 times)

SkateR

• Autococker
Well recently Ive had this problem with alt+tabbing out of DP.  I will alt+tab out to look on mirc or someone will IM me on AIM and my game will minimize, and when I go back to the game the screen is just gray and I get the Paintball II Has encountered and error thing.

Any ideas? It happened after I installed a program, which I deleted and virus scanned etc...Ive also got such a low FPS now ever since that program, I used to have a constant 60 now I average 30.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2015, 12:58:32 AM by webhead »

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
Re: Problem when I alt+tab
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2006, 03:19:19 PM »
What program did you install?

SkateR

• Autococker
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2006, 05:37:35 PM »
WindowBlinds for XP themes, it was a while ago, and that day since Ive had problems.

Eiii

• Autococker
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2006, 07:18:17 PM »
Well, gee, I wonder what the problem is.

SkateR

• Autococker
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2006, 07:36:04 PM »
lol, i deleted it, virus scanned, adaware scanned etc..

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2006, 07:53:23 PM »
Did you do a proper uninstall?  I'm pretty sure it has to modify a bunch of system files - or at least put a bunch of crap in the system directories - so if you just deleted it, you probably didn't get all of it.

I'd do this:
Start | Run | msconfig

Go to the "startup" tab and uncheck everything, then go to the services tab, check "Hide all microsoft services" and uncheck everything there, too (Except the logical disk manager if you have it).  That should get rid of all the extra crap that comes up when windows boots that you most likely don't need.

DISCLAIMER: Don't hold me responsible if you disabled something you DID need, and windows no longer boots. :)

SkateR

• Autococker
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2006, 08:06:40 PM »
ohboy.