Author Topic: ...speed...  (Read 2386 times)

S8NSSON

• Autococker
...speed...
« on: November 03, 2009, 06:01:03 PM »
Thought i'd share yesterday's experience with you guys.

Let me first say that I was a motorcycle fanatic for years and have been over 150mph on two wheels many times.

Yesterday one of the dance dads (my daughter is a competition dancer) brought his 1981 Chevrolet Corvette up to dance (without the nitrous). This man is a long time drag racer, and this vette is marginally street legal.

So he asks me if I'd like to go for a ride. We head out through town turning every head that is in eye or ear shot. The car literally rumbles the earth.

We hit the on ramp to the expressway. He accelerates to what I thought was to the floor, and I think to myself, "darn this car can really move." As soon as we clear the ramp he REALLY floors it. If you've ever played GTA and know the blurr effect you get when you really accelerate an Infernous to high speed then you know what I saw through my eyes. It was unbelievable, and unbelievably short because we were very quickly up on the traffic in front of us.

I'm going to go out to some of his drag races soon. He said he would show me how to line him up so I can be right next to the cars as they leave the line and get some wicked pictures.

Just though i'd share this experience with you guys.

KnacK

• Global Moderator
  • Autococker
Re: ...speed...
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2009, 08:04:11 PM »
There is nothing like being at the line or the tree for a launch of a high hp car.  I've litterally done it hundreds of times and it never gets old.

You'll love it.  Just make sure you have eye protection.  Flying rubble hurts.... (don't ask me how i know)

flip

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2009, 05:06:43 PM »
I used to race at the drags but nothing on your "dance dad"'s level I'm sure. We raced mostly modified street cars but nothing obnoxious like those fast and the furious kids. We raced all American.

Backlot

• PGP
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2009, 08:57:21 PM »
Im steadily pushing a top speed of 85 mph downhill with a pretty hefty tailwind on a clear day at 2-5 pm. Other than that my little yota cant do much.. I dont know what it feels like to have tunnel/blur vision :(

blaa

• Autococker
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2009, 12:50:59 PM »
 I guess you won't until you are 50 years old and already have one leg in the grave.

loial21

• Autococker
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2009, 02:32:00 PM »
Vroom Vroom der party starter. 

Saint Loius to Columbia, Mo. under 40 minutes every weekend for 3 years.

One thing beyond your control....     

P!nk

• Autococker
_
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2009, 03:58:16 PM »
Post removed
« Last Edit: July 26, 2010, 01:44:11 AM by P!nk »

loial21

• Autococker
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2009, 04:12:55 AM »
Thanks babe. Where you taking me?

(back to subject)
Power band wee!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jwieel03c-w&feature=related

Born. Born to be alive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cGzM1YgyN6c&NR=1

Who is willing to do something like this for documention. (on acid)

Dirty_Taco

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
_
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2009, 07:59:23 PM »
Post removed
« Last Edit: July 25, 2010, 11:47:19 PM by Dirty_Taco »