Author Topic: is it ping, new ballspeed or im just horrible?  (Read 3511 times)

blaa

• Autococker
is it ping, new ballspeed or im just horrible?
« on: August 19, 2009, 05:04:38 AM »
 Lately (this summer), every time i play I get no satisfaction of it. Let's face it - my clan loses more than it has won during the last year or so, and more and more times I am negative in matches. Now, it is pretty frustrating, I'm negative against guys who just started when my activity was at its peak, I was playing a lot, my clan was winning a lot. And now those guys are milking me like im a darn cow.

Since i was pretty much dead for dp scene 2008spring until the start of this year (the ball speed changed 2008 start) i have heard that the older players still aren't quite used to the ball speed. Now I don't believe in this theory myself, it might have some effect, but not this dramatic.

Picture this. A normal match in a normal map. We are trying our hearts out. Shooting constantly, reconing as good as we can, etc etc. Let's take propaint1 catwalk for an example. Lets say i grabbed the flag and the only opponent is his grass, trying to shoot me. He hits me as soon as im about at the middle of the catwalk. Same situation, but at the vice versa. He is trying to cap on me, but im shooting, but maaan, he still caps on me. Don't get me wrong, my aim is not that bad, sometimes I look at my demos to see if my aim is that off, its not.

Is it ping? The best ping I get is ~75. Its the same in arctics/otbs. The rest of the euro clan scene pings 20-50. A few others ping higher (up to 80). 75 ping is not bad, could that make a huge difference?

I know I haven't been as active as the current leading players, but come on, you don't lose your aim that quick. And even if I havent been playing dp, i have been playing other games (wsw, ql). I seriously doubt that those games with DM guns would affect my aim that much. Sure, after playing wsw for a weekend I try to hit my enemies to their feet for first couple of minutes but thats it...

My point? My point is that have others experienced this "higher ping" bad "luck" as well? Because right now, low pingers hit "over the average" shots 7 times out of 10, while I can do that 2 times out of 10 times. Im that bad?

abnormal

• Autococker
Re: is it ping, new ballspeed or im just horrible?
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2009, 07:22:59 AM »
Sometimes I have the same feeling.. Ping ~80 is ok imo. I usually blame my opponent's luck.

nook

• VM-68
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2009, 08:50:03 AM »
 everyone has there bad days.. thats what i always say.... but i dont think it the server or your aim... its just that you see alot  of growing members in the dp scene maybe you should get better i am not saying that you bad a dp maybe you need to improve a little

atmays

• Autococker
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2009, 11:23:21 AM »
Well I will say that I think the newer players to you has gotten better over time. Also I hear alot of people blaming ball speed for why they not as good as they once was, when I think that if you cant adjust to something as simple as a ball speed change you was never as good as you thought you were. I have played with many players and it hasnt affected there game at all.

SOOOO I would say ping and/or a bad connection could be the problem. In fact that could be the only problem if there is one, and learn to adjust to new changes, Will also help you.

Holo

• VM-68
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2009, 11:46:21 AM »
the third one

zimtstern

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2009, 03:17:06 PM »
you`re good blaa, love the close matches against qehs.

Justinph5

• Autococker
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2009, 03:26:56 PM »
its exponential.

Henkka

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2009, 11:36:41 PM »
yes blaa, we have some close matches, we both have a guy with negative stats, we have zimt :)

fasian

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2009, 03:59:50 AM »
zimt is +10.

Dirty_Taco

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
_
« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2009, 06:04:27 PM »
Post removed
« Last Edit: July 25, 2010, 11:48:31 PM by Dirty_Taco »

Ranger

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2009, 08:16:26 AM »
I don't think you could lost something what you get in past (I'm talking about your aim). There are 3 basic factors why the old pro players getting bad aiming...

The first could be the difference between ping of each player, more players get better and better internet connections. You can see it at public servers, in past if you had 30-40 it was really cool, now there is more and more players who has about 20, the difference in playing with 70 and 30 is huge... With 30 it is impossible to miss a target at any situation - imagine player who got 20 ping ...

The second is your motivation... Isn't so big like years ago, right? I mean the time when you got to know this game...

And the third factor could be this "new" ball speed. It's much harder to kill enemies... But this is up to Jitspoe to do something with it...

GohanOneKnife

• Stingray
« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2009, 06:15:28 AM »
i bet ur motivation is high all the time;) since this game is more important than kitty for u ;)M)M)

Spartax

• VM-68
« Reply #12 on: December 23, 2009, 02:53:38 AM »
anyway , you can play with high ping aswell , for example me , i am playing with ping 130 and i am still enough good to compete other 30 pingers

Viper

• Autococker
« Reply #13 on: December 23, 2009, 04:09:50 AM »
its all about MIMIMI

JeongWa

• Autococker
« Reply #14 on: December 23, 2009, 05:11:45 AM »
LOl i play whith 200 ping the problem isnt the ping.