Author Topic: Standings tie-breaker guidelines and inter-continental playoff match format  (Read 2004 times)

XtremeBain

• Autococker
The playoffs are quickly approaching and I would like to take the opportunity to discuss the tie-breaker format for any points tie in the standings.  Ties will be broken by the following guidelines in order:
- Head to head result from the regular season (this applies to ties between two teams only)
- Most Wins
- Least Losses
- Most Shut-out Wins
- Least Shut-out Losses
Finally if a tie still exists between two teams, then a playoff-style match will be played prior to the playoffs to break the tie.

Also, I would like to make note of some changes to the playoff map format concerning inter-continental matches.  The North American team will play their selected map on a European server and likewise, the European team will play their selected map on a North American server.  If after these two maps, there results a tie; the chosen tie map will be broken into two ten minute halves played on both North American and European servers.  The combined points total from the two halves will declare the victor.  If the combined points from each halves equals a tie, then two additional five minute overtime halves will be played on each server until the tie is resolved.

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
I assume overtime will be disabled for the 10-minute halves?

Playah

• 68 Carbine
i think he means that those "overtimes" will be adjected in the end, after all 10 min matches have finished.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2006, 02:33:00 PM by Playah »

jitspoe

• Administrator
  • Autococker
I meant the overtime setting, so it doesn't go into overtime during the 10-minute half.

XtremeBain

• Autococker
Yes jitspoe, the overtime will be removed for the 10min tie maps.