Author Topic: Verifying dmi pool data BIOS help!  (Read 1113 times)

i_am_a_pirate

• Autococker
Verifying dmi pool data BIOS help!
« on: July 05, 2010, 07:54:33 AM »
ok, So I bought a hackintosh a whole back from http:/www.mac-clones.com a few months back, and all's been going amazingly well. But literally yesterday I turned it on to find the bios would load up, but only to 'verifying dmi pool data', then it would just sit there and not do anything. I've been inside the bios setup and fiddled with everyting I can think of to do with the hard drive. I really don't want to lose any of my data on the drive - Iwas fiddling with some backups a few days ago on an external drive and had to delete the mac's backup, and then this happens just as I'm booting it up so back it up. I've tried disconecting the external drive, and almost everyting now.

any ideas? You guys always rock with this kind of stuff.

Many thanks,

Pirate

Justinph5

• Autococker
Re: Verifying dmi pool data BIOS help!
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2010, 11:44:34 AM »
Your dmi pool has to be cleaned out, I would suggest getting a skimmer and some chlorine tablets.  :)

i_am_a_pirate

• Autococker
Re: Verifying dmi pool data BIOS help!
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2010, 08:45:19 AM »
Guys, seriously, this has got bad. I've reset the CMOS be going into the computer physically and shorting out the 'clr_cmos' on the motherboard and it's still got the same problem. I really don't wanna lose the data on the hard drive, and I really don't want to lose the £600 that i spent on this not that long ago.

Does anyone have any ideas on this?