Author Topic: Mayhem's ban.  (Read 1811 times)

MyeRs

• Autococker
Mayhem's ban.
« on: April 02, 2010, 09:59:55 AM »
I understand a regular distribution ban is 1024, when proof is shown. But as far as I, and most of the community know, Rick got unbanned because they didn't know everything the first time so they revoted.

Rick's ban: He distributed to 1 person, he used modified content(wallhacks), he was on the committee when he hacked/distributed, he turned himself in and gave all his hacks and who he gave it to. This was also the start of the 15+ people who got banned for modified content(wallhacks), not directly from Rick though. He took his ban and didn't act childish and spam more hacks etc.. still tried to help the community. Got unbanned after serving around 200/250 days.

Mayhem's ban: He got caught for using modified content(wallhacks), then admitted that he did give them to 1 person. He also admitted to having multiple accounts. This was the same type of hack Rick got banned for, he requested an amount of days, and somehow got it. He admitted everything, did not act childish, but left the community. Although he still wants to come back. Mayhem's been banned for 250+ days.

I have nothing against Rick, but i'm using him because he got his ban lowered by 750/800 days. I just figure, the only difference could be the committee pushing for them? I mean, Rick got relooked at, did mayhem? What else is there to look at? No new information will come, it's like a year old. So whats there to discuss? If you make an exception for one person, it's only fair to make exceptions for others. I agree with Rick's ban being lowered, but I do think Mayhem's should be lowered aswell. Their reasons for bans are really similar.

Thoughts? If I missed stuff, go read my multiple posts in: 'Vague - Ban evading? SIKE' thread. But that's all. I just think Mayhem should have his ban reduction too, which since he's served more then Rick did, his ban should just be finished.

atmays

• Autococker
Re: Mayhem's ban.
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2010, 10:25:47 AM »
What's your sudden obsession with getting Mayhems ban lowered? Why didn't you bring this up when you was supporting the unbanning of Rick? I agree with you though. I think a few other people has a ban similar to Ricks and Mayhems that should be looked over.

BUT from what a few people told me a while back. "CHEATERS ARE CHEATERS NO MATTER WHAT!!!, THEY SHOULD BE BANNED FOREVER." Then Rick gets unbanned, a little contradicting if you ask me.

Rewind

• VM-68
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2010, 10:28:44 AM »
Mayhem never actually got caught for using wall hacks (the second time, the 666 day ban). He just pm'd jitspoe all the information regarding him hacking, who he distributed to, and where he got the hacks. I actually find this thread rather ironic because previous to rick being unbanned, people were upset that Rick's ban was bigger than Mayhem's.

I've always seen pretty much any ban that last longer than a year to be a lifetime ban. Yes your unbanned after a certain amount of time, but most of those people wouldn't come back. If I understand correctly, Rick was unbanned because it was common knowledge he would be playing the game actively after being unbanned. In this sense, both Mayhem and Rick have been treated equally. Whether Mayhem would play the game after being unbanned or not isn't a solid yes or no answer. I asked him about being unbanned and he honestly said he doesn't know if he would be active. He hacked when he did because he wanted to get away from the game, and he still feels the same way about the general negative attitude of the community.

So once again, in that sense I don't think unbanning Mayhem is in any way solving this problem. Of course I want him to be unbanned, he was my best friend in this game, but if we're talking strictly about whats ethically right, Mayhem doesn't need to be unbanned. Rick getting unbanned was a product of his estimated contribution to this game, which is undoubtedly higher than Mayhem's.

<3 Mayhem.

Biker

• PGP
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2010, 11:03:27 AM »
Don't get me wrong i <3 Rick, but why was he so special to get unbanned when many of others committed the same crime and did not get a reduced ban? Even if Mayhem does not come back shouldn't he have the choice too?

Henrod

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2010, 02:14:10 PM »
If you are looking for the Committee to talk to you about someone else's ban, thats not going to happen. If Mayhem want's an update on his ban he needs to contact a Committee member or Jitspoe. If this is an open discussion for the community, go for it.

MyeRs

• Autococker
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2010, 03:05:54 PM »
Locking the thread. I'll let the committee discuss.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2010, 03:56:21 PM by MyeRs »

Henrod

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2010, 03:25:01 PM »
Cool, have fun.