Author Topic: Movies You Need To See  (Read 1319 times)

Henrod

• 68 Carbine
Movies You Need To See
« on: April 02, 2010, 03:22:54 PM »
I am absolutely not trying to stomp the Best Movies thread. These films don't belong on that list but definitely need to be seen.

Army of Darkness - The third installment of the Evil Dead series is absolutely one of the funniest movies ever made. Features Bruce Campbell in his best known role.

Bubba Ho-Tep - Another Bruce Campbell film costarring Ozzie Davis. Very funny and surprisingly deep and soulful at parts. Campbell and Davis play JFK and Elvis in a nursing home whose residents are under attack by an Egyptian mummy. Quite possibly the most outlandish storyline I've ever heard of.

Bottlerocket - Wes Anderson's first Film, co-written with Owen Wilson. If you appreciated The Royal Tennenbaums or The Fantastic Mr. Fox you need to see this film.

ViciouZ

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
Re: Movies You Need To See
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2010, 04:05:08 PM »
Moon - An awesome film which may seem confusing at first, can't really talk about the plot without ruining it, with Sam Rockwell playing the two main roles.

Henrod

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2010, 05:07:42 PM »
Moon - An awesome film which may seem confusing at first, can't really talk about the plot without ruining it, with Sam Rockwell playing the two main roles.

Sam Rockwell is awesome. Reminds me to add "Confessions of a Dangerous Mind" to my list. Clooney and Rockwell do an awesome job. Very dark, very funny.

nightryder

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2010, 12:49:05 AM »
What makes a movie a "need to see"?

Well I'll put Birth of a Nation. The very first (or one of the first) feature length film. Directed by D.W Griffith in 1915, it revolutionized the way movies were made. It pioneered editing, story lines, music, costumes and especially cinematography. It's a 3 hour silent film that's as racist as anything that's ever been made, but if you want to understand how films came to be what they are today, then you need to see this film.

You know what, intercourse that. That movie is boring as hell. It's a super important film and incredibly well done, but it puts you to sleep. I still suggest you see it sometime in your life, especially if you're curious about film history or want to see some of the most blatant racism ever, but if you don't see it your not missing out.

I want to put The Godfather because if there is one movie everyone should be required to see it's that one. It's got great performances, a great story and is basically perfect. There isn't a single flaw in the movie. And atop of all that, EVERYONE loves it. It's not my favourite movie, but it's the most necessary movie.

Rocky

• Autococker
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2010, 04:45:13 AM »
I think everyone should see Dark`mosez Dp2 jump movie

AsThor

• Autococker
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2010, 08:21:54 AM »
I think everyone should see Dark`mosez Dp2 jump movie

+1