Author Topic: help  (Read 1423 times)

Dragon11

• Stingray
help
« on: April 20, 2006, 09:20:48 PM »

i need to know if any of you guys know how to know win your clan is on be casu i am going to have a clan battle and i dont no if any of my peepil are on if you know how to
see if all of your peepil are on can you tell me

GreenAffairz

• Autococker
Re: help
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2006, 09:37:10 PM »
** From DirtyTacos Guide **

2.) Connecting to, and idling on mIRC. mIRC, is the chat program where the Digital Paint: Paintball 2 clan community is based. You typically want an older version of mIRC that doesn’t have a registration period. You can download mIRC 6.0 here:

http://www.mircscripts.com/cgi-bin/oldmirc.cgi?mirc60.exe

and here:

http://dt.houstonareacomputers.com/mirc60.exe

Install this executable to whatever drive you like. When you open mIRC, a ‘mIRC options’ windows should pop up. Click the ‘add’ button. In the description field type ‘DP2’ (or whatever you like). In the IRC server field, type “irc.enterthegame.com.” Make sure in the ports field, the number is 6667. Now click add. Next, go to the left hand box in the mIRC options window with a bunch of words with plus signs next to them. Click the plus sign on each word, this should expand what’s contained under the word.

A) Under ‘connect’ click options. Check the box that says ‘reconnect on disconnection.’

B) Click the word that says IRC (now with a minus sign next to it). Check the boxes that say ‘Rejoin channel when kicked,’ ‘Rejoin channels on disconnect,’ and ‘keep channels open.’ There are many other options to be toyed with under the IRC section, but these are the three that are really essential.

C) Under the word that says ‘Display’ click the word that says ‘Tray.’ Click the check box that says ‘Place mIRC in tray when minimized.’ This is important so the mommies and daddies of all you 12 year olds don’t see the naughty things we say on mIRC.

You are now done configuring mIRC options. Click back on connect and press ‘Connect to IRC server.’ A bunch of words should scroll down your ‘status window.’ When they stop, you are connected. Here are some basic commands within mIRC to get you situated.

A) Once connected, the /join or /j command allows you to join a channel. Type /j paintball or /j #paintball, whichever you prefer (#paintball is the main Digital Paint: Paintball 2 channel). On the right hand side, you will see a list of all the people within that channel. Hopefully you recognize some names. The main window is the window in which people enter text to communicate. The best way to find clan channels is by seeing what channels other people in #paintball idle in. To do this type /whois nameofpersonhere. For example a newbie could type /whois PBCup^Pierce and see the channels I idle in (these channels will display in your status window). /whois a lot of people, find channels of clans you’ve seen in public games and idle in them. (you can also double click on #channels without having to type /j and join them).

B) The /me command. If you type /me texthere you will type a sentence that is purple, says your name, and the text you typed. This command implies an action. For example, I would type ‘/me goes to grab a beer.’ /me here is designating the action of me going and grabbing a beer.

Idling. This is important for the clan community. If you idle in a clans channel it shows that you support and respect them. Thus, you should definitely idle in a clans channel you want to join. What idling here means is leaving mIRC open even when you aren’t at your computer. Always being connected to mIRC and in that clans channel. When you leave your computer with mIRC open, minimize it and it will go in your tray. Thus, further people using your computer probably won’t notice it and won’t close or read it.

(***Subliminal message*** idle in #team_eR33t ***End Subliminal Message***)

^ use this program to also get your own clan channel and make sure everyone idles and stays there so you know whos on.

Lunatic

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2006, 09:38:32 PM »
Well, read DirtyTaco's post like he has told many others to do: http://dpball.com/forums/index.php?topic=2004.0 That will really help. You should also tell all of your other clan members to download mIRC. You can also talk to other clans and match, or have "clan battles" with them. Contact with other clans is much easier.

Only 'cause you're my boy. :D

Dragon11

• Stingray
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2006, 11:45:22 AM »
Well, read DirtyTaco's post like he has told many others to do: http://dpball.com/forums/index.php?topic=2004.0 That will really help. You should also tell all of your other clan members to download mIRC. You can also talk to other clans and match, or have "clan battles" with them. Contact with other clans is much easier.

Only 'cause you're my boy. :D

ok thanks  :D

GreenAffairz

• Autococker
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2006, 01:33:30 PM »
lmao i was first.

Brewsky

• Stingray
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2006, 06:54:30 PM »
did he just say "peepil"?