Author Topic: Textures... Allowed?  (Read 1504 times)

ViciouZ

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
Re: Textures... Allowed?
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2010, 02:11:19 PM »
There is no justification for using those, they're all ugly and not even seamless. As far as cheating goes, the pp1 grass and the wood on renoir seem pretty shaky seeing as they're basically solid colours.

MyeRs

• Autococker
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2010, 02:37:52 PM »
lol. Why would you want to use those. Usually people use textures to make their game look nicer.... not worse.

pvtjimmy

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2010, 03:07:56 PM »
Usually people use textures to make their game look nicer.... not worse.

Joc

• PGP
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2010, 03:52:03 PM »
This is my first time re-modeling my textures..... They arent fully developed. I need feedback on what would help make them be better. Not stupid comments on how bad they are, it doesn't help. Any suggestions on how they could be improved?

ViciouZ

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2010, 04:00:18 PM »
This is my first time re-modeling my textures..... They arent fully developed. I need feedback on what would help make them be better. Not stupid comments on how bad they are, it doesn't help. Any suggestions on how they could be improved?

Well from the title, it sounded like you were asking whether they were considered legal, not advice on how to improve them :P
Here's some advice: remove the seams, add more detail, tone down the colour brightness.

And I hope those are hr4 textures, otherwise I believe it counts as modified content.

Spook

• Autococker
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2010, 04:44:36 PM »
They are bad. Can be improved by working on them, and no, as they stand, they are not allowed.

Joc

• PGP
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2010, 08:39:37 PM »
Ok. Well I'll be sure to work on that. Thanks for the feedback. I'll fix em later. I don't use them public or private. I have defualt ones at the moment... But I will work on them.

flip

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2010, 02:04:22 PM »
How about using the HR4 textures that most people use? Modifying textures will just get you in trouble in the long run. Just stick to what we have and be on your way.