Author Topic: Newmap sroads_b3 - by sBi  (Read 1801 times)

sBi

• Stingray
Newmap sroads_b3 - by sBi
« on: August 18, 2010, 08:23:46 AM »
HI ... other ...
pbsky1, 2 teams - red, blue, 2 flags on both sides.
This map have one main way middle of map, but this way is very equal = easy kill. Side ways are safe that middle way, there are many ways lead to mid way. Base is situated in the wooden house, which is immersed to rock. BB sBi

Chef-Killer

• Autococker
Re: Newmap sroads_b3 - by sBi
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2010, 01:02:39 PM »
And the last one. Most of the entity settings in this three maps are very nice. I tell/told you the entities you should improve.

Also a nice looking map. This time with a less complex structure/brushwork. But that's not bad. I would wish that you add a few more team identifications.

The most stupid thing is the second flag again. I can't see the need for it. Just make the first flag less campable. It's nearly the same like in pakistan_b3, so you can get my explanation from there. Delete it please.

Try to avoid the light entities. Lights without a source looks ugly. Use some light textures (or a map ambient - also without a source, but better/even) for dark places.

And a few screenshots with changes for both bases.

You need to add clip brushes in this places. There are a few more of them. You can also see an unnatural looking light entity without a source there. Doesn't look good, he?

Rotate the face of the mid brush and change the right corner.

You have lots of misaligned rock textures in open and not complex areas. The most easy way to fix it will be a surface setting of 0 horizontal changes, 0 vertical changes and a size of 1.0x1.0 for all rocks.

Same...

Rotate this faces.

This box is flying and lighting (!?). Put the box a little bit lower to fix the black hole. I don't know why it's lighting too. Did you add one of the light entities here? Try to fix the bright area next to the box too.

Rock alignment again. And I think it would be nice if a player can go through the window.

ARGH!!! Align this rock textures too.

Rotate the face/textures.

All in all my favorite. Good looking, good r_speeds, not too much complicated routes, but challenging for newbies. Keep on working. I think T3RR0R15T will upload the maps as soon as possible. I have no more time today.

sBi

• Stingray
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2010, 01:11:26 PM »
again THX i will try to fix this

sBi

• Stingray
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2010, 04:43:24 AM »
it s other beta, i corected all mistakes i think ...

Chef-Killer

• Autococker
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2010, 09:18:53 AM »
b2? Your first release was b3 :P

Great work. Just the light entities and the second flag left.

And two more pics...

There is a hole now (both bases)

Misaligned barrels. The red ones (brown ring) should be like the green one is. Maybe a few more barrels.

T3RR0R15T

• Autococker
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2010, 11:04:45 AM »
1. It looks unrealistic. Why should the board be longer on a side, if it falls down?
2. This jump is too hard for new players. So they can't reach the flag in an acceptable time. Make it easier.
3. Move the ladder down and make it longer (to the ground).

sBi

• Stingray
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2010, 10:24:05 PM »
OK, try it again ... i corrocet only this things, then it was be good .... and tx