Author Topic: How to create Mountain?  (Read 1094 times)

KURWAJAPIERDOLE

• Stingray
How to create Mountain?
« on: August 04, 2010, 06:12:34 AM »
Anybody have some good tips how to make realistic (in posibilities) mountain in PB2? Cause it's hard to clipping big piece of rocks :D Mayby some pre-made models?

ViciouZ

• Map Committee
  • Autococker
Re: How to create Mountain?
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2010, 07:06:58 AM »
A mountain? If you want one of actual mountain scale, you're out of luck probably. But what I'd do is make a cone shape with the cone tool, use the subtract tool to cut the top off, then select the top face and press F to extrude the face, then keep building up layers. It'll take a while and be heavy on the r_speeds though. It's probably better to just try and avoid mountains in your design, if possible :P

Chef-Killer

• Autococker
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2010, 10:00:41 AM »
Yeah, it is a little bit complicated. I'm trying to make a realistic looking terrain in a map atm. It needs a lot of time and BSP isn't happy about a too much complex structure, but it's possible.

I don't know the cone tool. Maybe it will help a little bit. But is the brushwork really clean? I guess making it by yourself will be more effective :)

There was also a terrain model, I believe. The problem is that you can walk through models, they don't block you.

So, if you are new in BSP, try to make easier and less complex maps first.

MsH

• PGP
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2010, 07:49:52 AM »
Try easygen...