Author Topic: demo requests: shk  (Read 6663 times)

gonass

• 68 Carbine
Re: demo requests: shk
« Reply #20 on: September 12, 2010, 03:59:10 PM »
flip, i've been putting forth effort pointing at evidence, hence these posts you hate so much.  just because there is a committee and judge doesn't mean it can't be biased, as i've shown proof of as well.  you want some personal dedication and initiative then put me on the committee, though i still don't believe its working as well as you've claimed.  i'll be glad to put some time in to it.

Foxhound

• Autococker
« Reply #21 on: September 12, 2010, 04:35:56 PM »
If YOU believe he hacks why not put forth the effort to provide some proof instead of random accusations about what he/she said. Better yet why not talk to "most of the community" and have them bar shk from matching?

Vimeo

flip

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #22 on: September 13, 2010, 10:00:39 AM »
flip, i've been putting forth effort pointing at evidence, hence these posts you hate so much.  just because there is a committee and judge doesn't mean it can't be biased, as i've shown proof of as well.  you want some personal dedication and initiative then put me on the committee, though i still don't believe its working as well as you've claimed.  i'll be glad to put some time in to it.

I still don't get you. You claim the committee is biased. It has 10 members who look at evidence and vote on the subject at hand. Majority wins. If you think it is biased then why do you want in? It would still be biased even with you in it. Majority wins. I never said the committee works well. I said it is better than vigilante justice. It works. It is a fairly young committee that has to polish the rough edges. There are plenty of things going on and topics that we discuss on a regular basis that has nothing to do with shk but a lot to do with how things work.

But back to my original question.... What have YOU done to help provide evidence since everyone you associate with just KNOWS shk hacks? What about my suggestion to refuse to match him and his clan? If you are so sure he hacks and since you are so willing to give him a ban based on a few demos that anyone could make on a number of players here. A lot of these players would be in the same boat. It is always the same excuses. "recon", "just lining", "plus attack", "meh new 7.1 sound headset" and the list goes on. There has been numerous demos of people submitted over the last year alone and it appears that when someone has rubbed a few prestigious people the wrong way the normal excuses just dont quite cut it for them like they do for others.

So gonass made the vimeo of the demo with the zgh overlay?

atmays

• Autococker
« Reply #23 on: September 13, 2010, 04:52:47 PM »
I remember in the good old days, When everyone loved each other and played without crying so much. I miss the DeW days, Got demolished every match and still had fun losing. No forum post about it................................

gonass

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #24 on: September 13, 2010, 06:42:28 PM »
flip, we do avoid matching him.  how ever he seems to just slip in all the time and i get tired of leaving a match we've put time in to because he decides to show.
also i've watched the demo of Riddick in the same match.  the way he plays is remarkably different to the way shk does in the match and as i stated it only strengthened my opinion on this matter.  since i can't take remote screenshots of him or make a video of his demo what can i do other than voice my opinion on the forums, as i am.  i suggested that a video is made of Riddick's demo with penix on.  we have one coming.

no i did not make the demo, not that it matters.

here's Riddick's point of view.  compare it to shk's
http://vimeo.com/14944734
« Last Edit: September 13, 2010, 08:11:27 PM by gonass »

flip

• Committee Member
  • Autococker
« Reply #25 on: September 14, 2010, 04:17:32 PM »
Well, I hate to keep harping on you over the forums. Maybe we can set up a time to chat over irc, vent or teamspeak. Maybe there we can discuss this without all the e-drama or mistaken tones.

MyeRs

• Autococker
« Reply #26 on: September 14, 2010, 04:28:21 PM »
Watch someone's demo who didn't go like -10... so if you think all of o.O hacks and wont compare their demo's to him watch bix's or something. You can't compare people of 2 completely different skill levels.

EDIT: You should talk in the thread where shk and Riddick are in the same match, unless this is completely different to the indune one. Also - Riddick's video was removed.

gonass

• 68 Carbine
« Reply #27 on: September 14, 2010, 06:07:08 PM »
but i can myers.  regardless of skill level there is still such a thing as a common reaction time, even if some may be milliseconds faster and slower, and  being able to see people from another side of a wall or not.  Riddick and Shk have both played this game for many years which means they are both of great skill, even if one happened to be slightly more skilled than the other.  it would be unfair if i compared it to a demo of a player who doesnt know how to change his name from newbie or doesnt realize what's happening when he runs out of air, which is why i chose Riddick and not some random newbie pubbing.

edit - myers.  the videos are being uploaded to a different host.  it appears vimeo doesnt allow video game videos.  strange they caught notice of these videos while there are others on there...almost as if someone brought it to their attention.  no matter, they will go up else where.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2010, 11:14:29 PM by gonass »